Hi from Garforth, Leeds, West Yorkshire

Hi everyone, I’m new to the Grey Arrows and only been flying my DJI M2 for around six months. I recently retired and want to do as much flying as possible in 2023. Cheers!

3 Likes

Hi @Knobwart and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Thank you very much for the welcome @OzoneVibe, just feeling my way around the club site and hope to be able to contribute or help in future once I’ve got my head around things.

Not a million miles from me, Sherburn in Elmet, I like to fly near the Biker’s Cafe, Squire’s when my health allows, you have found the best Drone club in the world, enjoy :slight_smile:

Hi Nigel - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Cheers @yorkie9668 I’ll look out for you at Squires when the weather improves, let me know when your up for going.

Thanks @Jhdee, great club.

… as Tina would say — Simply the BEST :+1: :+1: :+1:

Seriously though - it is a great club with loads of friendly advice from some very experienced members in all aspects of drone flying. Give the search facility a try - I’m always amazed at the level of expert info there is already here. I started this game when I retired too - almost 6 years ago now and I’m still learning from these guys every day :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hi @Knobwart welcome too GADC enjoy :+1:t2:

Hi Nigel and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

@Kirky and @Onanist, Thanks for the welcome. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @Knobwart welcome.

I know Garforth well, I was born, bread and buttered in Kippax.

Now exiled out Selby way but still fly a lot in the LS25 area

I’ve had a browse around and the knowledge is exceptional. I’ll get my profile sorted later and get stuck into finding my way around. Cheers.

Nice one mate, I was in the Commercial in Kippax last week :beers:. I’m always looking for places of interest to fly and photograph around LS25 or anywhere else to be honest.

1 Like

Welcome Nigel to GADC :clap: :clap:

Our very own DroneScene is your friend.

Hook Moor is as good a place as any to start

Cheers buddy, I did Hook Moor a few weeks back, trying to improve my video skills. I haven’t done the Lead Church yet though, might try that next weather permitting.

Hello, Welcome to GADC :smiley:

@Knobwart welcome

@Knobwart - Hello and welcome from sunny Gateshead