Hi from Greater Manchester

Hello all,
Another newbie here.
Treated myself to my first drone, a DJI Mavic Pro Platinum (which looks like an amazing piece of kit) and would like to thank you guys for enabling me to glean on your wealth of knowledge and experiance, it most certainly helps!
I’m all registered and tested with the CAA and have been like a kid with a new toy waiting for the weekend to get over to Pennington Flash and have a good fly around and it’s pee’ing down!
I suppose I’ve just got to get used to that living in the North West!
I regularly go over to Donegal in the North West of Ireland and really looking forward the flying around the Atlantic Drive which is just stunning.
Many thanks to the chaps who’ve created this site.
Cheers :+1::grin:

3 Likes

Hi Eugene / @Dun_na_nGall, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own the MPP … so you are amongst good company. And a great drone it is!

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Welcome mate, you’ll see from the members map that there are plenty of drone fliers in your area (myself included), so let us know what you’re up to!

Hi welcome to GADC
Sounds like you are near me (wigan)
Been up to worthington lakes today managed to get a quick hour in with the mp2

Thanks fellas
Worthington Lakes, another one to add to the list, thinking of going up near Rivington sometime, I’d imagine there would be some great opportunities around there. The lake, pike and old quarries.
Cheers

1 Like

Be carefull near rivington the transmitter at winter hill may ahve restrictions

I’ve flown at the top of the Rivington forest area (well clear of the Winter Hill mast) and several of us have flown at Anglezarke Reservoir and around.

1 Like

im in Bolton, welcome to gray arrow. have have found 2 big areas for me to practice very close to me. it in leverhulme park . I have had no problems with the public

Hi from Wigan :wave:t2:

No flight restrictions in Rivington:

Biggest issue?

The wind up there :scream:

1 Like

Welcome to the club Eugene we all know how your feeling and I bet you have already started it up in the house got it off the floor and your bum cheeks just squeezed together :joy::joy::joy:enjoy flying

Thanks chaps,
Leverhulme Park now on the list.
Yes, had a go indoors and those bum cheeks nearly released when it headed off towards a lamp! :see_no_evil::grin:

May try leverhulme park is there any parking

Welcome on board, you’ll find a wealth of knowledge on here. I’m over in Warrington so not too far from Pennington Flash. Not flown my Mavic Mini over there, do they allow drones on the park?

Paul

Near the sports track there is parking. Message me if you are we could meetup

The Flash has been set on Drone Scene so I take it you can fly there?
I was thinking the North side has some big clear spaces so find a public footpath, 50m clear and away yer go?

Great news I will give it a try.

I have flown on the field near the railway track with no problems, and on the big area that runs along long lane, and nobody has bothered me

Will do

Weather looks ok berween 9-12 sunday
I will.keep.my eye on it

:ok_hand: