Hi from Hertfordshire

Hi everyone new pilot from Hertfordshire checking in.
I have been flying various quads since Christmas.
I am enjoying my Mavic Air but when I am with my dog I fly a Syma X5c-1 which he chases and tries to destroy (I am my fourth !).
When UAV tells me its too windy I fly a Peter Powell stunt kite instead.

Cheers

Paul

3 Likes

Welcome. Any vids of your dog chasing? My dog put her tail between her legs.

2 Likes

Greetings from Rickmansworth and welcome to the forum :+1:

1 Like

Welcome to the nuthouse good set of people here with lots of info :+1:

1 Like

:wink::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

:grin: Welcome

1 Like

Welcome :wave:

1 Like

Welcome to Grey Arrows @PMPS - glad you could join us mate :smiley:

I think my dog in somewhere in between yours and @notveryprettyboy’s as she literally doesn’t bat an eye lid when I’m flying :rofl:

She might look up when I’m taking off or landing, but that’s all she does :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@PMPS Wellcome to the club, loads of really nice people here with answers for just about anything.

I was out flying my Tello once at the park by the side of the river, a Jack Russel (that’s what I think it was) started chasing it around, but it was too high for it, so it gave up. But when it came to landing it the Jack Russel shot across, leapt into the air and caught the Tello in its mouth, but dropped it quite quickly and ran off again. I had to look around for a couple of props but apart from that the Tello was fine and so was the dog.

Hi Sully / @PMPS , and welcome to GADC. :+1:

Quite a few of our members also the Mavic Air, fewer the other models you own, so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone and especially @PingSpike for inviting me on here.
My new avatar (filmed from above with a Mavic Air safely out of his reach) shows my spaniels attitude to quads. He is a trained gun dog and returns them to me … eventually …(I only let him do this with toy quads and kill the motors just before he strikes so he doesn’t get hurt).
Once I get the hang of this place I’ll post some sites to fly in East Herts.

Cheers

Sully

2 Likes

The family dog gets told off if she even tries go close… I have a scar on my arm from my early days flying quads (incorrect arming instructions in box!!!(from China)) I should have had stitches that night, but used plasters to hold the skin together!

2 Likes

Hi Paul welcome to the gang in from Stevenage fly around Wate/ Hertford a lot so maybe we can get together some time
Cheers
Dave