Hi from Liverpool

Hi I’m Alan from liverpool, I’ve been flying drones for a few years now starting off with the phantom 2 and now owning 3 Advanced, Disco and a Typhoon H. Can anyone suggest any great places to fly in Merseyside, my usual haunt is Sherdley park in St. Helen’s and Croxteth Hall park for general buzzing about, But I miss scenic areas to fly and take great pictures like my home town in Elgin Scotland. Any advice would be great

4 Likes

Hi Alan / @Alan1for , and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A nice fleet of drones you have, other members owning each of those models, so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

:wink::+1:

Welcome from Wigan @Alan1for :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome from God’s country Yorkshire :grin:

“wait for it” :thinking:

2 Likes

Hi @Alan1for

Its an Alan from Scotland thing … welcome :slight_smile:

@image.amo

Hi welcome Alan1for i m Gary from ST.helens i have a Parrot BEBOP 2, I have the same finding places to fly in are area i went to talacre beach Monday to many people and windy but might try there again .

Fantastic match! Welcome.

Try Southport Marina, The bridges look great from high up.

@Alan1for Hi Alan I too live in Liverpool in fact CP is within walking distance I presumed it would not welcome Drone activity so it’s good to know otherwise Have any members of staff or public ever approached you? I’d be interested to know how that went

Hi, no never been approached by anyone while using it… I dont go there much now however as the signal is terrible because of the trees unless yo go into the open area of the park.

Hi Alan,

I live in St. Helens. If you find some good places to fly in and around Liverpool/St.Helens/Merseyside please let me know.

Do you still go to Sherdley Park?

Regards,
Steve

Hello there.

Hi Steve yeah I still go occasionally also to The Dream. Don’t fly in Merseyside much now to be honest, mostly fly when I visit the family in scotland