Hi from London Town

Hey, what’s going on!

I’m Timmy and I’ve recently gotten into drones with my DJI Mini 2. Haven’t done any outside flights (just indoors - yes, I know) since I live down the road from Tower Bridge in the middle of London.

I do enjoy day trips on the train into the country so hopefully, I’ll be able to find a decent hike somewhere fairly close and get some real flight practice soon.

2 Likes

Have you checked out the flying field in Richmond? Maybe a good place for you to practice.

1 Like

welcome to an awesome group of inspiring and helpful people

3 Likes

Not yet. Will probably be my first port of call

The greybeards will be along shortly with an official welcome no doubt but meanwhile check out Drone Scene for flying info and suggested sites.

Hi @TimmyTurner and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like