Hi from Morecambe

Thanks for the invite Rich. Looking forward to getting stuck in here.
I’ve been flying for 3 1/2 years.
Just moved over to dji this month thanks to winning the Hobby mounts competition.
Not only do I enjoy flying but also the build side of the hobby hence the Tarot 680pro.

2 Likes

Hi Steve / @stevesb, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

That’s quite a varied 5 drone fleet! We have a badge for that … if you post a photo of them all. :wink:

An ever increasing number of our members also own the M2P/M2Z - a few, like yourself, have both, so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Nice. Another builder. Welcome.

1 Like

Thanks. It keeps the grey matter working

2 Likes

No way!!

So it’s not a myth?? Real people do actually win??

@stevesb you’ll probably find a whole bunch of people here enter that same compo every month, myself included :bowing_man:

So, what did you buy with your winnings???

Not too far away from you Steve, I’m down in Wigan.

Welcome once again, glad you could join us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi.
Yep not a myth, I am the latest winner. So bought the 2 mavic, the typhoon h, a hello for my lad, and a fly moor kit.
I was gob smacked when the phone rang I was about to say I hadn’t had PPI when I realised it was them.
Definitely worth the punt.

1 Like

Welcome stevesb, I’m originally from Morecambe and visit at least once a year. Was there last bank holiday, good weather really brings people out. I haven’t seen it so busy in years. It’s a great area for flying, nice and close to the lakes too. I’ll give you a shout when I’m coming up next, maybe meet up to fly? Obviously you’re familiar with Morecambe but here’s a short video for those who aren’t

2 Likes

Hi Mike
I replied to you via the email.
A meet up would be great.

Hi Mike,

Great video, I like the way you cut the ground footage in with the drone footage. I’ve yet to do that, it is the next stage of my development in video making.

A meet up would be great, obviously a bit of notice would be needed to make sure the wife doesn’t plan anything.

My YouTube channel is

DRONE LIFE, LIVE IT

Steve

1 Like

:wink::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

HI Steve welcome to this nutter house
Pleas be aware we do like to spend money and rant/praise our purchase
So watch ya wallet but lucky you won your Drone so that’s a saving to start off
Beware gadget envy…

1 Like

Oh, I know how much this hobby can drain my wallet. I have been flying and building them for about 3 years.
I could have saved a fortune by going dji straight away, but to be honest, I find building and testing as much fun as flying.
Now I have the Mavics and Typhoon they make getting the shots I want much easier.
But I will still fly my others.

1 Like

Will let you know when I visit again, might be a while though, cos we were up at Easter :sunglasses:

1 Like

So you wanted a pic of my hanger.
Here we go

5 Likes

That most certainly gets you the third Fleet Operator Badge ever to be issued!

Congrats! :+1:

2 Likes

Bloody Hell (from one fleet operator ,to another!)!, and i thought I was a “saddo” !
Only joking !, great squaDRONE you got there !.
How many have you had in the air…at the same time?.
Now there’s a challenge Guys !!

5 and trust me won’t be doing it again. But realistically only really managed to send one a waypoint mission and follow it with another. Once I get confident with the Mavics and Typhoon I may try a swarm.

2 Likes

Need to try this, then ….

Interesting. With mission planner on the pixhawk flight controllers used in the tarot and CX20 I can load the same mission and set them off a few seconds apart. But I thought I could then get the Mavics to active track the tarot as it should be big enough. And then film the whole lot using the typhoon. Not that I would as that would be dangerous and illegal.

2 Likes

Blimey…

Impresive shit mate :+1:t2: :clap:t2: