Hi from Northumberland too :-)

Just a quick hello from up here in (today, anyway) sunny Northumberland. Just joined today - graduated form ‘toy’ JJRC to Hubsan 501s/a to Tello to Phantom3SE to current MavicAir (FlyMore Combo, flame-red). Very happy with it and can’t see myself having to upgrade further at the moment. Luckily live out in t’stix away from major conurbations / airports etc so main thing to worry about is wind :smile: Will post some pics/vids soon (some may be from P3SE as only had MA since Jan). Cheers

3 Likes

Hi George / @SoarAway567, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

Quite a large number of the membership own the Mavic Air, so you’re in good company.

There’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers if there’s anything you need to know.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the wood, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Welcome aboard!

Hi @SoarAway567 and welcome to Grey Arrows!

We’ve a few Hubsan 501 owners here, do you still have yours?

How are you finding the Mavic Air compared to the P3??

Hi @SoarAway567 welcome to the club. Where abouts in Northumberland? Im not far away in Wallsend

:wink::+1:

GrahameRob - up past Alnwick (almost by Chillingham Castle) but go weekly into Newcastle to see In-laws :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

PingSpike - I do actually - both the 501s (original, with standard 4" controller) and the 501a (with remote that takes a mobile). Both still working AFAIK but would need to dust off to confirm :grinning: Both took a back seat to the P3SE when that arrived - latter since sold on a ’ well known auction site’ :cry: to make way for the Magic Air

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, enjoy :+1:

Hi George welcome to our little patch on the web
Enjoy your stay and don’t be afraid to ask any questions we all have them
Like how will game of thrones end…or is that just me

1 Like

Game of What ? Thrones of Who ? :thinking: Not jsut you - millions of others have the same question.
Probably an excellent series (from clips I’ve seen) but unfortunately we don’t get HBO (or Sky?) just normal FreeView, so I’ll run along now and be quiet :grin:

1 Like

Neither have I but there are ways and means…

1 Like