Hi from Nr Newport, South Wales

Hi. I’ve been reading posts for a while and registered a few days ago.

I’ve been into photography for a while and just purchased a DJI Mini 3 Pro after reading lots of different forum post and hundreds of hours of Youtube videos. Even after all this research, I’m still amazed how well this drone performs.

My first flight went well until I decided to try out RTN. I pressed the button and the drone disappeared from view. My heart was pumping. After a minute I cancelled the RTH and looked at the screen to see where it was. The drone was only 0.1m away but 100m up! RTH was set to 100m and I hadn’t grasped how high this was for a little drone.

2 Likes

Hi @coastie and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Hi @coastie and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hi @coastie - welcome to GADC from down the road in Gorseinon :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hello @coastie and welcome, that looks like it could be Undy, I’m just down the M4 in Cardiff but haven’t flown much for a while.

1 Like

Hi @coastie & welcome too GADC enjoy :+1:t2:

1 Like

waves from Newport :wave:

1 Like

Hi. Yes. I’m in Undy. There’s a big field nearby to practice.

Hello, welcome to GADC :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

welcome to GADC not far from you

1 Like