Hi from Preston

I have just got my 1st drone, the Mavic Air and its great.

3 Likes

@Nazzcar Hi and welcome to Gadc you have a great drone, hit some of the other members up they have a huge ammount of knowledge and expertise so don’t be afraid to ask for help or advise:grinning:

Welcome to the forum mate.

Welcome to Grey Arrows @Nazzcar :+1:

Ha! Another north west member joins our ranks :man_dancing:

Pull up a chair drink a coffee and chill
Looks like the north West has another addition
Welcome
Jeff from Bolton
Don’t be afraid to ask…

Welcome, I’ve only joined recently but have already been helped by people on here.
Whereabouts in Preston are you? I’m at Little Hoole, near Walmer Bridge.

Welcome @Nazzcar I nearly bought my Mavic Air last night but decided to watch football instead, possibly tomorrow, Supposed to be nice weather coming our way so a great time to get flying.

What is the Mavic air like in wind? I considered the Mavic pro just assuming, because of its size, it would hold itself better in wind.

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome.
I’m from Penwortham (leyland road) and take the the MA out every chance i get.
I havent dared take it too high in the wind, but it has been very stable when i have. ill post some footage of Beacon Fell when i get chance.

1 Like

I’m looking to buying a drone for the first time. I’ve completed the registration process can you recommend a good first time drone hopefully with collision avoidance in :rofl:

Check out the mini 3 thread, about to become the most popular thing around , oh and welcome to GADC @markymark

Thanks much appreciated

Mark

Mark I’ve removed your number from your post, the site is searchable and we don’t want you getting spammed to the end of the earth.

Have a look at the meets section, and perhaps arrange your own, if you build it they will come :wink:

1 Like

Hi markymark, I am in the Preston Area and have just retired fully now. I plan to get back in to flying my drone a lot more now I have the time. With covid and life I have not flown much in the last couple of years.
Let me know if you want a meet up somewhere, that goes for anybody else in the local area as well.

Will do where do you live in Preston ?

Hi bud sorry late reply I have been away for a few days, I live in Freckleton, can’t fly here because of BAe Systems…

Oh yes I know they are strict around Warton as I used to work on the fire station there and every weekend we would have model flyers coming in with their flight suits on etc we used to chuckle when they would radio through and say they are on finals :rofl::rofl: