Hi from Raynes Park near Wimbledon

Discovered this site thanks to Ian in London youtube channel last week. I’ve owned a Parrot Bebop2 for a few years but not flown it that much. Now looking something more exciting to fly and/or smaller to carry everywhere, so looks like a mini2 and something to dabble with FPV.
Glad to find like minded people for a hobby which is still pretty confidential.

4 Likes

Hi Oliver.

Welcome to Grey Arrows.

Steve
:facepunch:

1 Like

Hey @dukeinlondon :wave:t2:

I grew up in your neck of the woods many moons ago, my mum moved to Cannon Hill Lane a few years ago so I’m still down that way often :blush:

The Mini 2 is an amazing bit of kit, it’s probably the most popular drone with members here.

Amazing as it is, I wouldn’t call it exciting :thinking:

The new DJI FPV drone however… :grimacing:

Pull up a chair, it’s a long read: DJI FPV Race/Freestyle quad

3 Likes

Hi there

1 Like

Are you linked to the classic car garage in Brentford as similar name

The ‘exciting flying’ is definitely the biggest driver but I will start with accro FPV with something cheaper and lighter to learn the ropes and not agonise about breaking it. Probably will get the DJI FPV when it comes ‘categorised’ and I can feel confident enough to go straight to flying it ‘manual’.

Not at all, I wish though :slight_smile: that’s based on my nickname in Uni.

Do you mean class-marked? Not gonna to happen mate :grimacing:

If they make a DJI FPV 2 in 2023 maybe, but they’e not gonna retrospectively class mark the FPV 1 :blush:

Indeed not expecting a retroactive class mark of the FPV1, but rather of a new version coming with it.

1 Like

Welcome :slight_smile:

I used to work at the Blood Centre in Tooting and regularly drove through Raynes Park on the way to/from work. Lovely part of London.

1 Like