Hi from South Notts

Hi Everyone, I’m Simon (aka Slim) from South Notts despite having a Leicestershire post code. I use to fly R/C nitro and gliders but got bored with it and recently bought a Mavic Pro Platinum Drone. I’m rather impressed so far.
Despite living about as far from the sea as you can get, I’m a very keen sea kayaker and plan to use my drone for capturing some of the amazing inaccessible places I get to around our coast.
I’m also interested in getting the CAA “permission”, so would be interested in any good or not so good experiences with regards to training.

1 Like

Welcome aboard the good ship GADC.
Someone will be along shortly to formally welcome you no doubt. In the meantime, sit back, relax and enjoy the absolute best and friendliest Drone club. And of course there’s no such thing as a daft question…
If you haven’t done so, please add yourself to the members map.

1 Like

Hello and welcome

1 Like

Hi @Slim and welcome to Grey Arrows, glad you could join us Simon mate :+1:t2:

We’ve a few members with a similar flying history so you are in good company already :slight_smile:

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members which includes most active members - so I’m sure there are other members in your neck of the woods that will come and say Hi.

And please do add yourself to the map too map: Members’ Location Map - A Guide

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown that might be of assistance.:

Welcome once again Simon :smiley:

1 Like

Hi and welcome

1 Like

Hi Simon and Welcome.

Check out Leicester Drones. Chris, the owner, also runs the Leics Drone Club. The club has Jan off: however we will be meeting again in Feb, details on the www.

Good informal group to learn the ins and outs…

1 Like