Hi from St Albans, Hertfordshire!

I’ve just got a DJI Mini 2 (an amazing upgrade from the toy thing I occasionally flew!).

I’m really interested in finding out the best places to fly, which won’t annoy people or break rules. From what I’m learning it seems quite an art. I’ve already emailed The Woodland Trust to see if I could fly there and got a firm “No”…I’m considering cancelling my membership now! :wink:

Looking forward to joining in with the conversations!

2 Likes

Hi Nilly and welcome.

Best place to start looking is here. GADC very own Drone Scene

1 Like

Also, if you contact any of the national bodies such as the Woodland Trust, National Trust, English Heritage. Historic England, Country Estates etc etc they are all going to say no. I’ll 99% guarantee it.

Privately owned historic places such as estates, palaces and homes etc best contact them directly with a polite request. I’ve done that and been pleasantly surprised by the responses I’ve had.

If you find yourself on council parkland look for the local bylaw that should be posted at the entrance, or check their website if your trip is planned.

Trawl through this site’s subjects. There is a wealth of information to be had from very experienced pilots as to where, when and how to fly.

Enjoy

Welcome Neil - enjoy GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Thanks! Yes, I suspected it would be a “No” as I was writing the email. I can picture what they’re imagining…low flying craft flying in the faces of small children. Much easier to reject the request, then no one gets sued. But I thought I try my luck since I’m a paying member of Woodland Trust!
Thanks for the Dronescene link, I’d found that already, but not much near here in St Albans. As you suggest, I’ll start trawling!
Cheers!