Hi from ste

Hi from glossop just got my first drone and I am already addicted just thought I’d say hello

3 Likes

Hi Stephen / @Steboi, and welcome to GADC.

A Nikko 220, eh? You may be the only member with one of those, but you’re no less welcome for that.

Ask away in #questions-and-answers for anything you want to know, and there’ll always be plenty of people willing to assist.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members. This is a relatively new feature so not everyone is on there as yet, but I’m sure there are other members in your neck of the woods that will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map : Members’ Location Map - A Guide)

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown that might be of assistance.:

It’s a toy lol just something to start will be looking to move onto bigger and better things

1 Like

We all have to start somewhere. :+1:

1 Like

Hi @Steboi,
Welcome to the GADC , I am sure your addiction will grow ,quickly.
You will find a mine of information here, drop in for a chat ,when you are bored, and pigged out on left over turkey!.
I started with a Toy drone 5 or more years back, and have never looked back since.
I have some great memories of my droning exploits from my travels.
Hope you will progress to a “ real” drone soon !.

That’s my hopes thought was a smart move to get a toy rather than something I’m probably going to break. Can’t put it down and my ceilings are taking a beating.

To confess, I have never flown indoors, to many ornaments!.
Fly the arse off it, it will hold you in good stead when you upgrade.
Remember to use only small, slow stick movements, then you will keep good control of it, moving the sticks to fast will only result in crashes.
That is the most common mistake people always make.
What sort is it?.

if that helps lol

Looks about the size of my Mavic Air.

Yeh it’s not massive I think once I get a bit better with it I will upgrade I like the idea of building one

Building is fun,but you do need to know a lot about flying them as well!
I would walk before you run !.
Most of the ones you build are for racing.

1 Like

That’s true but being a mechanic I can’t help but tinker with things :joy:

1 Like

Hi Ste!
:wave:
Dave

1 Like

Hi Dave

…I have - I’ve chased the kids around the house with the Spark :rofl:

…That video is a keeper :wink:

(I’ve also hovered the M2 in the lounge - that was sketchy! Turned the room into a wind tunnel :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Good idea. I did much the same, before @chrisjohnbaker helped me graduate to something bigger and I could take the training wheels off.

1 Like

I’m slowly getting the hang of it

I know the feeling, I am always wanting to make things
Keeps my grey matter going.

1 Like

I was just thinking about building something basic just to help me learn what goes into them an what makes them tick