Hi from Stockport

Hi all i am new to the forum, i live in Stockport, i want to expand my flight area’s away from here a little but i have used a place called Mirlees in Stockport to practice , i stay away from the edges of the of the area and always either land my MP or hover it well out of the way if anyone walks nearby, great place for kids and dogs and drones, it’s public access privately owned land which is encouraged to be used by the company that own it. Just an idea for some open space to fly its not massive but maybe about 20 acres near Stepping hill hospital.

1 Like

@Phrank73 Hello and welcome to our madhouse
I’m in over in Bolton and not far from nice open spaces there are always meet up and there quite a few peeps in the northwest and them others over the hill in Yorkshire but we don’t talk about them :wink:
we are having excellent weather at the moment Admin will be along with the relevant things to fill in
update your profile if you can we do sometimes like using first names :grin:

Jeff

1 Like

Hi and welcome from one of the others, hope you enjoy your visits to this cool and relaxed place. I’m sure one of the Mods will be along shortly to say hi officially.

1 Like

Stockport here too, I use Woodbank Park when it’s quiet but I maintain a very low, 100ft max altitude there as it’s close to the flight path to the Manchester airport albeit about 7 miles out. The planes look lower than they actually are but I stay around tree top height.

2 Likes

Welcome @Phrank73

1 Like

I am from the dark side and perhaps I could tempt you over!!!

2 Likes

Hi Jeff thanks for the welcome, some good looking spaces over your way

Woodbank park is nice and roomy but I worry about flying in the parks as I can’t find out if permission is needed. Maybe time to head up to the moors and stretch my wings :slight_smile:

I’ve also been able to find anything about drones with Stockport Council so if the notices at the park don’t say no drones I go ahead and fly, following the drone code and in fact over doing it making sure I’m well away from everyone. If it’s too busy it stays in it’s bag, not had any issues or confrontations so far. I think countessey goes a long way.

2 Likes

Also Etherow Country park makes for nice footage if you can find a quiet spot.

Hello and welcome

To be honest that’s my take on it, if i am in any doubt i exercise extreme caution, our hobby gets enough bad press as it is. I have found engaging people if they seem interested in what i am doing goes a long way.

Hi @Phrank73 , a belated welcome to GADC! :+1:

As can be expected, we have a large number of MP owners, so if you have any questions ask away over on #questions-and-answers and someone with the relevant knowledge will be happy to offer advice.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the wood.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Hi, do you have a Post Code or Raod name for Mirless please? I tried Google Maps but no luck.
Thanks

@Peter_S
I presume it is here, just off Mirrlees Drive, Stockport

Dropped pin
Near Hazel Grove, Stockport

https://goo.gl/maps/2cM7iQFdda42

Thanks Mickydd for the map location.

Go to woods moor train station, there is a new path, follow that path and you will find the amazing place that is Mirlees, I try to get down there with my MP and fly as often as I can to get some practice .

HI Phrank73,

I am also in Stockport and new to Drone Flying. I am familiar with Mirlees and Woodbank.

Are you still flying ?

Hallo matey, no I sold my Drone when they brought the register in I found it offensive, I would love to get a new one and have been looking at the mini 2 but can’t bring myself to get one.

Hi I’m located near Romiley, I do a lot of flying on my days off, Mavic 2 Pro here, great to hear from fellow drone users local, use a ALientech Duo II antenna or the Smart Controller here fantastic range, I have 5 batteries now so long extended flying times.

2 Likes