Hi from Sutton

Hello all. I am based in Sutton, Surrey. New to drone but a professional photographer for the past 10 years.

4 Likes

Hi @Towfis02, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own a Spark … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the group hopefully you find it useful

Hi
I’ve been a professional photographer for over 40 years now, back in the 80’s and 90’s I was a photographer with the Sutton Herald (long gone)
If you’re looking for a legal place to fly nearby, there’s a public flying field just off the Purley Way near Roundshaw.
If you know of any other areas where we can fly without any hassle I’d be grateful for the information

Welcome to you in Sutton I used to live in Brockham now in Stevenage I am a newbie too learning to fly and the photography and video editing bit too so much in the deepend lol

Thanks indeed it is useful

Thanks for the info. I didn’t know there is flying field there where exactly? What I knew was Morden park

Normally I drive to Dorking for flying. I spent 20 hours or so practicing in Richmond park. Hopefully passed the stage

Hi from Merseyside. I’m a relatively new member but have found this to be a treasure trove of information and helpful people.
Enjoy your flying, looking forward to seeing some of your shots.
Take care and catch you later. Peter

1 Like

Coming from the big five way junction heading towards Purley, the flying site is to the right behind the war memorial

Hi,
Where in Dorking can you fly?

Welcome Towfis02,
Enjoy the forum.

I hope you enjoy the new challenge of aerial photography.
The are inspiring shots/videos on the site.
Be good to see some of your work.