Hi from The Chew Valley

Hi, I’m a new member living 0.5 miles from Chew Valley Lake, flying with a Mini 3 Pro, Mini 4 Pro, DJI Air 3 and a Mavic 3 Classic, but rarely use anything apart from the Air 3. will get some flying locations and photos uploaded on here soon as i work it out.

2 Likes

Hi @ColinPeachey and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

Hi @ColinPeachey and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too!

Looking for Public Liability Insurance? Then look no further, we offer £5,000,000 worth of cover to our Insured Members! Details of our insurance can be found at:

Interested in becoming a member of our Club? Read about all the benefits of membership at:

Wondering whether you can fly a particular model of drone under particular circumstances? Check out Good 2 Go where you’ll soon find the answer :blush:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.

Our Associates are able to enjoy a lot of great services for free but our Members are eligible for a whole lot more! You can find all the details about our Membership Benefits on our FAQ :smiley:

And finally, if you are new to drones and wondering what it’s all about, have a look at Resources for a beginner.

Welcome once again!

Evening @ColinPeachey welcome to the club.

I have no idea where that is, but hi from the North West @ColinPeachey :wave:t2: :smiley:

Hello Colin, South Bristol calling…Know Chew Valley well, especially Salt & Malt!
Only had my Mini 4 for a few months, the lake is on my list to fly.
Welcome aboard.

hi, just outside Bristol and about 15 miles from Bath, most of my flights are over Bath, quickly changing from a nice Georgian city to a student campus.

hi, the lake is perfect for testing out the new drones and features etc, make sure you go to the second car park, not the main one with the cafe, went there with my first Phantom 2 over 10 years ago, took me 7 years to get the courage to fly around the island, definitely an age thing.

Welcome to Grey Arrows Colin, hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us do…

Hi Colin - welcome to GADC :+1::+1::+1:

thankyou, Gorseinon brings back a few memories, used to deliver toys and beach goods from camarthen - st davids and all along the gower coast, was before the days of mobile phones, so once i left the yard thats was it till i got back, no contact asking when you will get to certain shops etc, and paper tachos, and for timed deliveries, just simply change time on the handheld machine we used, i pity the poor delivery drivers these days

thankyou, it certainly seems a lot more friendly and helpful than any other groups i joined (and left)

Welcome not been Chew Valley in ages . Might give it a go :slight_smile:

Hi @ColinPeachey

Welcome :slight_smile:

I’m new to drones and have a mini 4 Pro.

I’m based in Bath and have done some flying around the lakes but need to come back

hi, have you been to kensington meadows (parking in morissons) thats a good place with river views etc, but by far the best for all the developments going on by midland bridge, is to drive slowly through locksbrook cemetery, to the twin chapels, take off from there for some good views, met loads of dog walkers there and all interested in seeing the videos etc, not one bad meeting there so far

Welcome :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: