Hi From Walton-on-Thames

@nigeljohnson73 @anon52324101 next weekend could be ok with me as I haven’t taken my M2P out for nearly three weeks due to weather and work.
Let me know I I’ll be there

1 Like

So this is wrong then?

The only two I have switched off are Upper Airspace and, under Advanced Switches (below your screenshot), Class D.

Those I feel comfortable ignoring … the remainder I would want to know about … particularly if I was in a new area, I wouldn’t want to accidentally forget to check everything else was switched on.

2 Likes

I’d add … the main reason I have those two off is that they tend to cover massive areas with red, and this does two things …

a) increases your chance of ignoring others of a similar colour that you’d want to know about, and

b) makes finding where you can comfortably fly that much more difficult.

And as if by magic …

Welcome Nigel, enjoy the banter

2 Likes

Mine’s set up the exact same way for the same reasons. There’s a couple of places I fly that have helipads nearby (not where I’m flying, but perhaps a mile away). I just try and stay clear and if I hear a chopper nearby I just bring the bird down low until they pass. So far, they’ve all been above 400 feet just flying past from Denham etc.

I’ll msg you guys separately as there should be some slots over the weekend and the weather is looking pretty decent at points. Anyone else interested in joining, buzz me