Hi from West Yorkshire

Hi All,

New member from West Yorkshire (on the border between west and north really!) Had a Hubsan Zino, but upgraded (massively) to a Mavic Air a week or two ago, so thought I’d best join up somewhere to learn a bit more and improve my skills!

Look forward to sharing soon!

6 Likes

Welcome, I’m sure the committee will be about shortly to say hello properly.

Where are you, I’m not far from Selby, but born , bred and buttered in dirty Leeds

2 Likes

Hi Matt / @m4tt, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also have a Mavic Air … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the group, i’m in Yorkshire too in Leeds where apparently it’s dirty :rofl:

Hi there and welcome from another new member, I also joined today.

I have a place in Bedale.

I am considering buying an Xiaomi x8 or Hudson Zino so would be interested in your thoughts on the Hubson if you had some time at some point.

regards

Paul

Honestly, I’d avoid the hubsan, it’s a great drone, but it has some reliability issues and support is pretty non existant!

It’s a great drone at an excellent price point, but these two issues were enough for me to switch!

There’s a hubsan zino group on Facebook where the issues are well documented, mainly with the drone randomly falling from the skies!

Thanks for that M4tt… i will avoid it.

Pretty much half way between Leeds and Selby here!

I’m an Essex boy originally

Dirty Leeds United! :joy::joy:

I’m a bit east of Leeds

I’m a Kippax lad, not ventured far, and know the area you speak of very well.

Always up for a meet and fly (when the weather breaks)

Hi Matt, from a fellow newbie, got a Mavic Pro Platinum a few months ago, so have found this forum and these guys invaluable. I’m a little further east of Milkmanchris but same again give me a shout if you want to fly over this way.

Welcome to the friendliest and greatest drone club in the known universe.(sorry ET, you don’t even come close) I’m near Selby, t’other end to you, (Barlby) look out for milkmanchris on here, he’s South of Selby and a thoroughly decent guy.
Hopefully we can try and meet up, chat and discuss places to flying.

1 Like

Welcome Paul

Welcome Matt

Hi Matt,

Fellow air owner and West Yorkshireman here.

Welcome @m4tt

I too am on the West/North Border, but the other side of Leeds to you. In fact a two minute walk, or in my case a ten minute limp, from my door I can cross the border.

Regards

Nidge.

Hi Matt,
Welcome!
I started with a Hubsan X4 Air then moved to a Mavic Air!!!
What a jump!

I love every minute of it though.

I hope you enjoy the forum & the Air!