Hi i'm Simon from Pembrokeshire

Hi, i live in a small village in Pembrokeshire near to the beautiful Pembrokeshire coastline,
any members near me ? i have a Mavic Air 2 and i am hoping to buy a Mavic Mini within the next few weeks.

5 Likes

Hi @simonhurd and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

We’ll have some members over your way for sure.

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

2 Likes

Visit Pembrokeshire every year. Last year flew drone at Kilgetty, Freshwater East and Saundersfoot etc. Need to check NFZs, think Pendine is NFZ. Great county to explore for launch. Have fun :+1:

I’m from Pembrokeshire!!

Great area for aerial photography.

There is not a huge amount of restrictions in Pembs.

Biggest is probably around the Green Bridge of Wales (danger area activated by NOTAM).

Haverfordwest is basically one big no go zone, Milford Haven is fine as is Tenby, Saundersfoot etc.

Hi Helidan I’m from Johnston and have some stunning areas around for flying just waiting for the right weather🤞🏻

you’re about 4 miles from me then!

Looking forward to seeing some pics, just be careful around the LNG/oil terminals, they’re a bit touchy about drones.

Hi Simon, I lived in St Davids for about ten years. Hoping to get down there this summer.

Be nice to meet up possibly :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi Simon, welcome!

I am from Pembroke Dock, but moved away mid-nineties, and return a couple a times a year to see the folks who still live there. Itching to get back and take my drone up.

Just about anywhere on the Cleddau is fine for droning.

Haverfordwest, Castlemartin and Manorbier is a no-no. But Angle is a great place, especially having Thorne Island, a very photographic fortification ( where I used serve and drink copius amounts of beer in the 90’s :sweat_smile: ).

From Penally through to Tenby and onwards is fine too.

Blue Lagoon would be great but it is NT :unamused:

And of course, the Preseli mountains … there are no restrictions there :+1:

As far as I can see (using Drone Scene) there are no restrictions arround a load of the castles in Pembs which is bonus.

Finally, don’t forget Pembs is fortunate to benefit from a shed load of Crown Estate, due to all the estuaries :ok_hand:

You have some of the best countryside in the UK at your doorstep, especially for aerial photography. I cannot wait to join you, and take the drone up in Pembs :+1:

Cheers.
Chris.

1 Like