Hi, new member from Basingstoke, Hampshire

Hi everyone,

New to the group and to drones in general. Actually don’t have a drone myself at the moment but should be getting my first after pay day this month.

After a bit of research, I’m hoping to get a DJI Mini 3 Pro as I like the freedom that a sub 250g drone can offer plus it looks like it is getting some very good reviews.

The only thing I’m not sure about is whether I can do my DMARES and get Operator Id and Flyer Id before I get my drone or if I need to have that first; if anyone can help that’d be great.

I’m also planning to do some flight courses with UAVHUB here in Basingstoke as soon as I get it as I have never flown one before.

Looking forward to entering this exciting new world.

Cheers all
Nick

Hi @Bearbrush_Studio and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Of course you can do the multiple guess test before you get a drone :wink:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Hi Nick and welcome to GADC. :+1:

1 Like

Hi mate have a read of that,even tho it’s sub 250g drone me personaly I’d do it anyway it’s not hard tbh & at least you have it then if you decide to upscale & as long as it’s for recreational & not commercial then you good too go ! :+1:t2:

You can go online and do it now if you wished too,I done mine before I got a drone.

Just to be clear… you do not need a flyer id with the mini 3 pro, or any drone under 250g. I took the test anyway and I think most people do… it is free after all… but you don’t have to if you don’t want to.

Hi and welcome. I got my Operator id and Flyer id before I got my Mini 3 pro. Then ordered and got some Operator id stickers to attach to the drone when it arrived.

Welcome Nick to GADC :clap: :clap:

Gain the knowledge now and then fly…

Hi Nick - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like