Hidden Britain by Drone series 2

From what I did manage to stay awake for I found it quite boring.

No more drone stuff than any other TV documentary.

It’s not so much hidden Britain by drone
Why would we want to see drone footage inside the back of an Argos shop ?
More drone footage on ITV & BBC drama programs
Cancelled my series link

2 Likes

I think I’ll do the same, I was disappointed to be honest.

Switched off after 10 mins. Boring. Much prefer him as “Baldrick”.
Might just be me but is he not selling the idea of " if somethings private and owners don’t want you to see something, just get a drone and stuff 'em".

Actually thought some of the flying was great, in particular in the Tube Tunnel and through the window of the large mansion.

But given the huge number of ex MOD sites, abandoned complexes, ruins etc there was a disappointing selection. Argos? WTF?

I’ll leave @DroneUnit to answer that …. :rofl:

2 Likes

I watched it properly last night, it was better than I first thought but some of the content was rubbish, I was expecting a lot more outside seeing things you wouldn’t know were there without a drone.

Not seen the new episode as yet, but comments generally seem to say it’s pretty much as the first series. (Series? 2 episodes is a “series”?)

We have this to look forward to for S2E2 …

1 Like

It sounds like it could be better than the first episode.

Thought it was ok, and good to see they were using a MA in the underground to film tv footage!

I have to watch more as the opening clips were of Racton Folly, which is no more than 2 miles from me. It is somewhere I have photographed before and planned to do a flight around - and they beat me too it!

But have to say it’s not in anyway hidden, as the footpath goes right next to it and anyone can walk around it. I was expecting to see some more remote from public view, such as the oil rig graveyard.

1 Like

At last I’ve got around to watching.

Not terrible - not fantastic.

Uninspiring”, might be the best word. :wink:

2 Likes

I agree, there was some good stuff but there were others I just didn’t see the point.
The second one looks more promising though, fingers crossed it’s worth a watch.

2 Likes

The place I discovered today should have been on there. A deserted mansion, fatally damaged by a WW2 bomb. Pics and videos to follow later…

3 Likes

Looking forward to it :+1:

1 Like

Posted this in another thread, but surely this could have been on the series? I know Tony Robinson is in some kind of USAF storage area in between scenes…

Vid to follow this weekend122a3945645f40b81d36dffa8dac2861b988a6ef_1_690x387

1 Like

Boring stuff, not worth watching.

1 Like

Fundamentally agree … it’s OK to watch in background whilst I’m doing something else.

I think there are some interesting bits and fast forward the rest! In the 2nd episode I liked the piece about the red forts, which could only really be done by drone. And the colliery, where they had the beautiful morning mist - camera team must have been chuffed when they turned up that morning.

Just don’t need all the inside stuff

2 Likes

Anyone watching the new series of Hidden Britain by Drone on Channel 4? They seem to be showing the drones they use a lot more than they did in series one (including Tony Robinson referring to two of them as his ‘boys’) and quite a variety they are using. From a big professional rig I can’t identify, to Inspire 2s and Mavic Airs (think I spotted a Mavic Pro too) they are all there. They even show that the smaller drones they use for interiors are fitted with prop guards.

Fascinating to watch and some great locations too (even the sewage works in this week’s episode!).

1 Like