Hidden Britain by Drone series 2

I agree, there was some good stuff but there were others I just didn’t see the point.
The second one looks more promising though, fingers crossed it’s worth a watch.

2 Likes

The place I discovered today should have been on there. A deserted mansion, fatally damaged by a WW2 bomb. Pics and videos to follow later…

3 Likes

Looking forward to it :+1:

1 Like

Posted this in another thread, but surely this could have been on the series? I know Tony Robinson is in some kind of USAF storage area in between scenes…

Vid to follow this weekend122a3945645f40b81d36dffa8dac2861b988a6ef_1_690x387

1 Like

Boring stuff, not worth watching.

1 Like

Fundamentally agree … it’s OK to watch in background whilst I’m doing something else.

I think there are some interesting bits and fast forward the rest! In the 2nd episode I liked the piece about the red forts, which could only really be done by drone. And the colliery, where they had the beautiful morning mist - camera team must have been chuffed when they turned up that morning.

Just don’t need all the inside stuff

2 Likes

Anyone watching the new series of Hidden Britain by Drone on Channel 4? They seem to be showing the drones they use a lot more than they did in series one (including Tony Robinson referring to two of them as his ‘boys’) and quite a variety they are using. From a big professional rig I can’t identify, to Inspire 2s and Mavic Airs (think I spotted a Mavic Pro too) they are all there. They even show that the smaller drones they use for interiors are fitted with prop guards.

Fascinating to watch and some great locations too (even the sewage works in this week’s episode!).

1 Like

Watched it and noticed the AIR, excellent. I have set it to record

I watched the episode last night on catchup showing Camelot theme park.
Now that it is shut it woutd make a great setting for a scooby doo film.
My mate Steve was interviewed in the episode as he was Mad Edgar at Camelot.

Hi Paul

I would take my kids to camelot regularly when it was in its heyday and remember your mate as mad edger he was very good in character with the juggling and comedy
its a shame that the place has been left to the elements all for money,

Its sad to see the demise of the place, but with Blackpool pleasure beach only 20 mins away it could never compete.
Steve’s a very funny guy, very talented, how he never made it big I don’t know.
He has been on Phoenix nights and Car share and stuff like that with the unfunny Peter Kay.
incidentally Peter Kay and I share the same initials (and build) and like me he isn’t very funny either.

1 Like

I have a similar build to PK and I remember going to Latvia when Phoenix was at its heights. In a bar with a load of southerner(present company accepted) asking me to say garlic bread all the time

1 Like

It really wasn’t the future.

Honest I’ve seen it
Ferguson video star

1 Like

Haha

Channel 4 8pm

Britain by Drone

1 Like

Moved your post over to this thread. Same series being repeated. :wink:

1 Like