Historic site that permits drone use

Yup, I’d happily pay a fiver :+1:t2:

Probably wouldn’t pay more than that though :thinking:

Can I please a the full copy of that letter. It would help in local negotiations in the South of England at this time. Don’t want to be specific as to where exactly because it may go ‘legal’

Sorry repost by mistake

Thanks for that Brian,

It answers my question in part but what I really wanted to know was can you take off and land from a public footpath without asking the landowners permission, for instance, drones are prohibited in the grounds of the much photographed Carew Castle in Pembrokeshire but there are public footpaths nearby.

Regards

Alan

If it’s a public footpath then yes, providing you comply with the drone code.
IE. No closer than 50m to people or property that are not under your control. (If they are under your control you can go as close as you like, except when take off or landing then they must stay 30m away during take off or landing)

1 Like

See the thread titled Groundless prohibition rules (and a nice evening flight over Stonehenge).
This will give you the full details with the reply from the CAA

Link

2 Likes

Think this is a lot of the problem inadequate knowledge of what we as drone users can and cant do.

They may own the land but no one owns the air not even the CAA.

getting back to the thread in hand i would gladly pay £4,90 :grin: <<<<------ Yorkshireman :innocent:

2 Likes

Thanks Brian

Which in my book is extortion. Or obtaining money under pretence.

If it’s extortion, you can report them to the police … since obtaining something, through force or threats is illegal.

Or, perhaps it’s not extortion?

1 Like

Your probably right, I’ll make do with obtaining money by deception then.

1 Like

Fraud Act - 2006 (Section 15). Can’t make money by deception either. It’s a criminal act. So - report them to the police.

1 Like

I would subscribe to this if it were available in my area which is Grantham Lincs.

I suppose a charge of false representation to gain a pecuniary advantage might stick as well.

Does the guy provide a vat receipt for the service he provides I wonder ?

You really think he can make an income of £85k from it? … the limit before VAT registration is needed.
At £10 per person, that’s 163 people per week.
I don’t think so!

I’m taking a punt it’s only a small part of his business, didn’t one of his employees help @callum out on his visit (IIRC)

It was SNT visitor centre that helped me out.

The receipt I was given has VAT number on it.

2 Likes

At least he is honest :o) unless it’s McD’s number he’s using

1 Like