Hobbyist Drone Insurance Investigations ... June 2019

£1m.

I think it’s actually pretty good value as your home insurance policy wouldn’t have public liability unless I’m mistaken?

Good morning. First time poster. I have just bought a DJI mini 2. I haven’t got insurance for it yet. Asking for advice as to the best package please ?

Hello @ChrisP and welcome to Grey Arrows.

You post has been moved to our current insurance thread.

Like any other type of insurance there is no “best” policy. It all depends on the type of cover you want and need.

Have a read of the above posts, they may answer any questions you have.

Well, after being absolutely inundated with offers from members to update this insurance thread ( :rofl: ) I’ve decided to do it myself and it’s well underway already :blush:

If you could all chuck a few names in to the pot please for both Public Liability and loss / damage / flyaway/etc, I’ll investigate their options and add them to the list with the view of building the biggest hobbyist insurance comparison the world has ever seen :smiley:

So far I have investigated BMFA, Coverdrone, Drone Cover Club, Eversure, FPVUK and Photoguard.

Do you know of any other hobbyist insurance providers I can add to the new list?

I’m due to renew my house insurance mid-August. I’ve read somewhere on here that LV’s house insurance covers drones, I know my current insurer Admiral don’t. If I get time I’ll do some checks on the main insurers if they cover in flight.

Wrapping this thread up now after a couple of years. Thanks again @stubbyd for your work on this one :smiley:

Please continue any hobbyist drone insurance discussions over here: Hobbyist Drone Insurance - Comparison Chart

2 Likes