Hold an Article 16 Operational Authorisation

I have A2 Coffee C open category and I fly a DJI Air 3.
I have ask to video an event in Stafford. I cannot fly over uninvolved poeple, unless I have the A2 licence and an Article 16 Operational Authorisation. How do I get the Article 16 Operational Authorisation and who through. Can anyone give me advice on how start. This information came from where I can fly

• Your drone weighs 720g
  • You hold an A2 Certificate of Competency
  • You do not hold an Article 16 Operational Authorisation
  • You do not want to fly directly above uninvolved persons
  • You want to fly between 30 metres and 50 metres away from people
  • You want to fly in a recreational area

Following

If you are a member of FPV UK or BMFA you get Article 16 Operational Authorisation.

When you did your A2cofC didn’t they cover this :thinking:

How can I keep flying my Legacy Drones ‘closer to people’ and built-up areas?

If you really need to fly your ‘Legacy’ drones closer to people after the 31st December 2022 you will need to get an Operational Authorisation from the CAA. The only way to get an Operational Authorisation is with a General Visual Line of Sight Certificate (GVC) of which you will need to take a theory examination and a flight examination with your drone.

The GVC shows competency to the CAA that you are safe to fly in higher-risk areas with drones that have not been officially certified. It does, however, come with a cost.

Link Here

The Operational Authorisation fee is £253 and it must be renewed every 12 months (currently renewals are £190 but this can change with inflation).

3 Likes

Thanks Sparky

1 Like

Cheers

OA 16 also to be noted does NOT cover commercial work

2 Likes

thanks

They did but did not cover anything on the Article 16. Anyway as long as things are done safely and with the rules its ok

Thanks

Depends who you asked Andy. Stafford Council have a ‘no Drone Policy’ (not enforceable) so normally no point asking them for a TOAL. They will authorise a flight though if you have deep pockets. :rofl: If you’re TOAL from private property just ask the owner for permission. :+1:

I no m8 but tryiny to no all the ins and outs

1 Like