Holy Stone HS720E antenna question

Hi folks, I have a question, on the Holy Stone 720E transmitter I am led to believe that only one of the 2 antenna work, the other is a dummy. So when I look at the display, is it the one on the left or the one on the right that is the dummy?

Thanks … Rod

Why would one be a dummy :thinking:

1 Like

Hi Rod I think you are correct an i believe that it is the one on the left side looking at the controller. The controller itself seems work at a good distance ie return to home works even if the phone has lost connection. hope this helps

1 Like

@johnnyboy69 Thanks a lot for the answer.

@Sparkyws and why not? but apparently it is see the post by johnnyboy69

@johnnyboy69 here is a quote from another source
On the right is a fake. If you look carefully, you will see a thin cable at the base of the antenna running inside the antenna body. Where it is not there, there is no antenna.

Apparently it can be seen as a thin cable on the real one.

Hi Rod I must have seen the same source as you. How are you getting on with the hs 720e i had a lot fun with my 720g
Regards John

Strange they fit 2 but one is a useless piece of plastic :man_shrugging:

@johnnyboy69 Not good I am afraid, I had a lot of issues, and it has been replaced by Holy Stone, so I need to have good weather

Hi rod What i found with my drone was the range was no more than about about 200 m and then the phone lost connection, on one occasion the drone got caught in the in the wind, and lost connection and when went a way off. Return to home got it back, i would think from about 600m. So i found its great to sent it up straight up to take good shots, move around a bit then that’s it

1 Like

@johnnyboy69 Thanks for the good info and advice John, I noticed that if you use M RC Pro in settings when the distance feature is turned on, it’s maximum is 200m.
My problem was, when I turned on the transmitter and then the drone and left it sat on the ground whilst I was connecting the phone to use the app, the drone turned itself off, so I reset everything and didn’t use the app and it still did it.
Cheers … Rod

@johnnyboy69 I just realised you meant the drone lost connection with the app, not the transmitter, not a problem for me as I always keep the drone in view so I can steer it back. I have heard a lot about the M RC pro app. I do not know if you are familiar with it, I am sure you are but here is a couple of videos I found interesting as I think the settings section seem to me better than the Ophelia Go app

If you know all this then forgive me.
Thanks … Rod

Hi Rod The hs 720g uses ophelia fly app, but thought i would give the m rc pro a try but unfortunately it would not connect. So went back to ophelia fly got off the ground then the battery ran out, in fairness not used it since summer last year, when i got my dji drone, but it did have 3 bars on it. Will try again over the weekend

@johnnyboy69 I wonder what DJI you have? I am looking at a mini 3 pro, and wonder if it connects drone to transmitter the same as the 720E because I can’t get wi fi where I am so I rely on the controller DJI RC or DJI RC-N1 connecting to the drones network without using any other wi fi source. Can you shed any light on that? thank you for the info on the M RC Pro app.

Hi Rod I gave up on the hs 720g and got a dji mini 3 pro, its good no more agro just does what its meant too. I bought it new from dji with care refresh, but ebay has some good bargains on this

1 Like

@johnnyboy69 Thanks for that info John, good to hear it as that is how I feel. Just a matter of reading the manual and persuading the wife :grinning:

Rod

@johnnyboy69 I do have a couple of questions about the Mini 3 Pro, do you have to do compass and gyro calibrations? and if so how and how often, as I am still ploughing through the manual. Hopefully going to order this weekend,

Thanks John … Rod

Hi Rod you will be pleased to know that is not necessary with dji mini pro. Turn on the controler,turn on the drone, wait for the controller to connect, and find the satellites. Then it tells you it’s ok to take off and then will tell you the home point has been updated, you can check this by tapping on the map in the bottom left hand corner. There some very good vids on youtube on how set it up and get started, also Amazon has a few books available.
Regards John

1 Like

@johnnyboy69 Thanks you are very kind to keep helping me

Hi Rod How are going you buy the drone ,because ebay has some good deals, or go for the new from dji rout and maybe get drone refresh as well,
Regards John