Home point updated “ repeated again “ after satellite lock!

Has anyone else after getting a satellite lock & hearing the voice home point updated heard it again shortly after, literally within seconds or a few feet of setting off / launching the drone you get the message again & the voice,
Thought I’d mention it as I don’t think I’m the only one & on checking Airdata it only shows home point updated the once NOT twice, I don’t see no real cause for concern unless it done it while the drone is far away but would maybe be a good observation to see if it happens to anyone else, it does not do it all the time, something tells me a while back I calibrated the compass & then it did not happen for a while but can’t be a 100% sure,
So just thought I’d put the feelers out.
Just found this on a DJI forum so I think it maybe normal,

Why should it tell me this twice? Once when on the ground waiting to get GNSS data should be enough. Your drone will tell you that the homepoint has been recorded when it gets approximate location data (within a couple of metres). But it will update the homepoint when it gets more accurate GPS location data.

1 Like

Which drone, controller and app, Rich?

1 Like

Sorry yes, mavic 3 classic & rc pro, app v 1.10.0 but I think @ziceman mark had the same problem with a different drone ( mini 4 pro ) which I was reading in the ( today i have mostly been thread ) from mark
:point_down:
did my normal checks and always get my GPS locked first and home point message.

I went up and went forward on the sticks so drone was in a comfortable head vision doing tests then I heard remote saying home point updated

so thought maybe worth the topic to see if anyone else has or is experiencing this with DJI also why I just tagged DJI & didn’t put the drone or rc model in the tittle but then I guess if anyone else has or experiencing the same thing then best to state drone & rc etc,

Maybe this explains but on all occasions I had what I thought was a good lock & in white,

Home Point Updated Twice | DJI FORUM.

Wasnt there a post about this

1 Like

The only thing I’ve seen Wayne is today over in the thread as I specified above, unless I’ve missed something.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yes I was just reading that, sorry I totally over looked it & I even commented in on it, sorry fella not thinking straight today, feel free to remove as it’s not needed, apologies.

I hope this is something DJI are looking into and gets sorted soon :wink:

1 Like

Well, after reading the bit at the bottom in the first post at the bottom I think this can be normal just never really noticed it or the link from the DJI forum.

It’s the first time it’s happened to me today and losing stick control as well did not help my ticker but luckily if been when I first started I would have been in right panic mode and my hond coordination and brain freeze think as it won’t turn could I go in a straight line around the world back to me :joy::joy::joy: but I took few breaths thought about it and brought it home safely granted it was not to far in first place but hey I did it unlike my well deserved plonker badge days :flushed:

I do hope i don’t hear this again but I’m going to do also what @Kirky said and recalibrate the compass on future flights until hear this is sorted and the battery testing is that the mini 4 pro seems weaker then previous drones especially when you think newer the drone the better the performance.

I’ve only experienced it once and ignored it… Probably because I’ve never initiated a return to home scenario and always fly back manually.

The issue would be if you lose the connection, this is always a possibility

1 Like

This happened to me last week twice , mini 4 pro. Home point updated then it did it again just after take off but a few feet away from take off point.
I wasn’t concerned but did get me wondering what if it suddenly set a new home point a couple of hundred feet away.

1 Like

Was exactly what I thought !

1 Like

Have a check of your AirData notifications. I’ve checked mine and found I get a notification normally less than a metre off the ground and it gives a code - which if you check with AirData it indicates that the Homepoint is updated but it relates to the RTH altitude.
I’m guessing that it waits until the drone is in the air to get the most accurate altitude for RTH.

Worth a look …

2 Likes

The code is 3000001 …

I’ve just gone back through one of my Airdata logs, had not realised it has actually recorded it twice, first one below with code nnn

Then second one just over 2 minutes later, 65 feet high & 122 feet away from me code 3000001

Seems this maybe normal but a bit alarming when the drone is so far up & so far away :thinking: more understandable if it does it close by.

Edit : just to add, just been through lots of my recent Airdata cross referencing & apart from the longer home point update above, all the other home point updates are within a few seconds once you have good satellite lock & or the drone is close to you, I see no cause for concern on this unless it did it whilst flying a few hundred feet away which I very much doubt it unless there was a problem.

1 Like

The home point is only recorded once on the second one it’s not on the first one

1 Like

So the first one ( nnn ) is as says from Airdata

Description

This is simply letting you know that the Return-to-Home altitude has been set.

Return to home altitude Not home point updated.

Yeah

2 Likes