How do folks! I'm a new drone owner and love this site! Thanks for all the great info, tips, pics and vids!

Hello folks. Here’s a video from my 2nd ever drone flight, from Burley Moor near Ilkley moor. I’ve played around with the colour grading, and added some sound to create something that, hopefully, relects the calm beauty of the place:

11 Likes

Hi @StuBot and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Hi Stuart - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hi Stuart, Welcome to GADC. Nice video, the sounds effects really work. :+1:

1 Like

Hi Stu, and Welcome.

Is that the route up Coldstone Beck? Along with Ilkley Moor another beautiful place I can see from my bedroom window but can no longer get to. Thank you for sharing :clap:

2 Likes

Hi @StuBot - Which part of the country are you located?

If only all drones were as quiet as that makes it seem, there might be (one or two) fewer anti-droners! :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks MilkmanChris
It was the Dronescene map that led me to the Grey Arrows page - a fantastic resource.
Thanks for having me!

Thanks Nidge,
I’m sorry to hear you’re unable to get up on Burley Moor - it’s such a lovely place.
And yes indeed ! That is Coldstone Beck
The ‘pile of rubble’ is Little Skirtful of Stones - a neolithic cairn dating from 3-4000 BCE

Thanks Drumsagard
I just used sounds I got from a free sound effects website.
I’m thinkin of getting a little portable digital recorder so I can record sounds from the ‘field’ to get a more accurate soundtrack.

Welcome and Great video, nice touch too lighting the fire on the moor :wink::+1:

1 Like

Welcome Stuart to GADC :grinning:

:joy: :joy: :joy: Ha ha
Well, it was a nice day so I thought I’d have a fly about and a barbeque :scream:

Seriously though, it was the moor ‘keepers’ doing their heather burning. It was interesting to see how controlled it was, and made for a nice shot.

When you fly a site that isn’t yet on the Drone Scene map please feel free to add it along with any useful details and pictures. All the sites recommended on Drone Scene have been flown and documented by GADC members.

You can add it to your homescreen on your phonefor when you are out and about!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip!

Welcome to GADC Stuart
Nice video and really good sound effects
Rob

Great video and that kestrel wasn’t bothered

I enjoyed the Sky Lark, all too unusual, now.

Very well done, and excellent selection of sounds. I enjoyed it.

Thanks!
I’m glad you liked it.
It was a Red Kite that swooped down to get a closer look at the drone! I would have liked to have got a closer look at it, but I retreated so it didn’t injure its self on the rotors or fly off with my drone! :smile: