How to disable DroneID on DJI drones (for free) inc. Mini 2, Mini 3, Mavic, Air, 2S, etc - using CIA Jeep Doors

@PingSpike will know that question :wink:

The only problem you have now is you can’t roll back the firmware, so any parameters you had changed will be back to default

But there is always Dronehacks :joy:

1 Like

The .700 firmware was May 2017 - DroneID wasn’t a thing back then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Btw, @sora, welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

1 Like

Will definitely be investing in DH in the future!

Thank youu! :))

Just got to make sure my phone doesn’t reenable DroneID now. I’m wondering if Litchi will update the DroneID or not?

Litchi should be safe no worries there

1 Like

I still use a custom-rolled GO4 app on my .700 Mavic Pro, with FCC on, NFZ databases removed, etc.

Deets:

1 Like

That’s great! again thank you so much! :))

OOH THANK YOU!!!

Related:

:grinning:

That noise isn’t good for tinnitus sufferers, ooooh lord :ear:t2::scream::joy:

Edit : should have an ear defender sign attached.

That video was nearly four years ago, hostile knows his shit eh :slight_smile:

I flew my Mini2 using Litchi yesterday. The drone was not picked up by any drone detection APP I currently have installed.

As for the Mini2, I can’t remember the last time I updated the FW, I certainly haven’t done it anytime within the last year.

What apps have you got Nidge?

And have they ever picked up the mini 2 or any other of your massive collection

I don’t think DJI (or any manufacturer for that matter) are enabling remote id on any drones in the UK yet?

What’s DJI AeroScope picking up? :thinking:

AeroScope will pick up DJI’s own proprietary broadcast / beacon (which has been around for five or six years now), regardless of geographical / country location and independently / separate from the common Remote ID that all manufacturers will be using soon.

From 2019 (I believe) AeroScope will also pick up the common / open Remote ID standard of broadcasts too.

https://www.faa.gov/sites/faa.gov/files/uas/getting_started/remote_id/industry/Remote_ID_Standard.pdf

https://www.faa.gov/sites/faa.gov/files/uas/resources/community_engagement/Remote_ID_Toolkit.pdf

1 Like

Have you changed your mind now Rich :thinking: