How to root your DJI Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 and Inspire 2 using DUMLRacer and completely remove NFZ

I can’t pretend that I really knew what I was doing when I did mine. I just followed the instructions in the video.
Had I worked out what I was really doing, ours now a year ago and is have forgotten by now.

They’ll get wiped mate.

Each firmware release has it’s own defaultValue for each setting.

eg.

{
        "index" : 211,
        "typeID" : 0,
        "size" : 1,
        "attribute" : 11,
        "minValue" : 1,
        "maxValue" : 2,
        "defaultValue" : 1,
        "name" : "g_config.advanced_function.height_limit_enabled_0",
        "modify" : true
    },

You could mod the default values in to your custom roll, but that’s a whole other topic :wink:

2 Likes

Excellent info. Thank you! Do you have any links that would show me how to mod the default values? I downloaded HxD but I could not figure out exactly what all I would need to edit and which modules need editing. If you have any insight that would be awesome!

I am assuming that because I used the custom rolled 1.05.0600 FW, that even though I am using DJI Asst 2.1.1.2 , the parameters can not be edited due to the new FW version?? Is there a way to force the parameters to “stick” using DA 2.1.1.2 with the custom rolled 1.05.0600 from DDD.exe?

I’ve never heard of any firmware combo that didn’t have altered parameters stick.

I can’t help wondering if you might be doing something wrong? :thinking:

@PingSpike Have you used Litchi where there would otherwise be an NFZ after this method of NFZ removal?

No, I don’t think I have Dave…

I definitely have on the Inspire 1, but that’s an entirely different setup from the MP / i2 method listed here.

Were you wanting to know if Litchi throws any warnings? I didn’t think Litchi had a NFZ database in it? :thinking:

1 Like

Ummm — well — Litchi won’t allow me to start the motors in my garden. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now, it might be responding to the NFZ that the MP still throws out (with my configuration), even though Go4 still allows me to start the motors … with warnings, obviously.

Ahhhh right…

I’ve just emailed Litchi as I can’t remember if it has built in NFZ or not.

Can you take off with no app running at all? If not, I’d suggest that the aircraft Fly Safe DB is preventing the takeoff (which GO can override, Litchi probably can’t).

I’ve not updated that DB in years … well, since I did my mods over a year ago. (Get that annoying message every time! :angry:)

I don’t think Litchi has any NFZ DB in it … it doesn’t update often enough to be keeping up with changes just in the UK … let alone globally.

Ummm …. not tried with NO app …. but Go4 is fine.

Oh - also - it won’t upload a Mission that strays into an NFZ. (as in a hover at 2m height in the garden mission.)

Errr …. yes. My bad!

THAT was the issue with Litchi …. the uploading of a mission that transgresses an NFZ.

It will still fly FPV with Litchi the same as Go4.

So - I’m guessing this is an API issue in the MP … no waypoint activity in an NFZ.

Sooooo …. the method of removing the NFZ data completely (this thread’s topic) …. should overcome that, I’m thinking. :thinking:

It will indeed :blush:

Well, unless Litchi are querying DJI.com before sync’ing your missions.

Which I doubt very much…

1 Like

Can create them without an issue, and I’m totally off line with my “drone” phone.

If AI manages mental telepathy one day … I hope I’m already dead by then. :wink:

@PingSpike This was where we were talking about NFZs and Litchi.

I emailed Litchi to ask if their app had a built in NFZ database.

This was the (utterly crap) response I received:

Nope, I’m none the wiser either… :man_shrugging:

Does that mean it DOES have a database in the app? I’m 99% sure it doesn’t…

Does that mean it uses the FlySafe database in the drone? Possibly…

:confused:

I’ll have to try taking off in a NFZ with Litchi and see what it does. I’m guessing it won’t bat an eyelid…

1 Like

As I said above (errr - or somewhere) - it will take off - it won’t upload a mission that strays into an NFZ that the drone knows about.

2 Likes

Moved the above two posts to here - since how Litchi works with NFZs removed more relevant here (where we started the conversation) than to the general Litchi chat.

1 Like

good job.the same to MG drone ?

The application(DankDownloader Tool 1.5) does not run,need to be updated and a new version cannot be downloaded Custom Rolled Firmwear 01.04.0100 for mavic pro1.Please upload the file here.
I want to update to the latest version and use all the new features and mods.
پاسخ

I have no idea on the status of these tools currently. That post was almost two years ago, and I’ve had no need to use since.

Googling “DankDownloader Tool” may find a more recent version.

Good luck!

1 Like