Litchi chit-chat ... What's Litchi? Should I use Litchi?

I was going to give my litchi a proper test this weekend gone but everytime I went out with the MP and got it in the air it was attacked by seagulls. This is my main worry that when its doing its stuff a bird strike will knock it out of the sky…I fucking hate seagulls :rage::rage:

3 Likes

Whilst you still have an RC link, you can still take over control from Litchi at any point.

1 Like

Mmmm… wonder if there’s a market for metal - razor sharp props.

Don’t give ISIS ideas!

That’s an idea

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: How to root your DJI Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 and Inspire 2 using DUMLRacer and completely remove NFZ

I’ve been watching Litchi videos, am reasonably familiar with Go and Go 4, but what is the basic premise, reasoning, (main reason) for changing software? Sever DJI umbilical chord, better something or other, etc. Please, simple for me so at least I can intelligently make some decisions. BTW, read a long thread on Go VS Litchi but still don’t know the why’s I should consider Litchi?

I’ve moved your post over to here, John, since it may answer some of your questions and saves repeating the same answers.

There are a few other threads worth reading, too - I’ll come back with them.

I found these two … they may give you an insight.

The beginning of Litchi vs Go4 may be of interest (it went a little off topic).

There’s this one that explains a little of some of mission planning considerations : Some notes on using Litchi

Come back with any questions you still have. :+1:

Cheers pal I’ll have a look👍

Thanks for not admonishing me; on InspirePilots I’d get a big USE THE SEARCH ENGINE BLAH BLAH. I’ve looked at these threads and got a bit wearisome as perhaps I was missing something. I guess in a nutshell, I was trying to see if there was some main feature that broke the umbilical cord with DJI Go/Go4 app. or avoided some of the troubleshoots with Go apps. Quite honestly, not displeased with Go/Go4, and more curious than anything so don’t waste any time on me as I will re-visit these apps again and not be so damn lazy.
Cheers to you Frank,
John

PS: I went back and looked at the 2nd thread and seems it pretty much centered around waypoints and POI’s which at this point I’m not so interested in as the photographic aspect of the drone(s). But thanks again for your efforts.
PPS: I got off of my lazy ARSE (I was given permission to use British slang LOL) and read about the app in the Apple App store and it appears fascinating. Groan, another aspect of this bloody (permission granted as well) hobby that can take more time to learn.

2 Likes

Several members have completely stopped using Go4 and use Litchi as a 100% reliable substitute.

Some like the ability to toggle tripod mode, home & course lock from the main flying screen.

Obviously it also has waypoint missions that facilitate very smooth pan/tilts whilst changing camera and drone headings, etc.

Panorama modes work on the Inspire, too.

Others use it only too save any confusion switching back and forward.

1 Like

Am I right Litchi is £21.99

Very new to the idea of using it, Is it just good for waypoints or is there a lot more to it?

Yes, but often on offer for the £15 mark.

It can be used as a complete DJIGO replacement (thats what I mainly use now)

Hope this brief answer helps

1 Like

There are 140 or so posts in this thread @lee and granted, it will take 10 to 15 minutes to read them all, but this thread answers pretty much all the questions people have ever had on Litchi.

Honest :blush:

1 Like

Im sure the answer is somewhere in here but I can’t find it, so I will ask here rather than start a new topic - I am thinking about getting Litchi purely for its waypoints features which look just excellent. Anyone any idea if Litchi will work on my iPad mini 4, flying my MPP ?
As usual any help gratefully received ( particularly if it saves searching for another 30 minutes ) :slight_smile: :pray:

Yes and yes (short answer)

2 Likes

Now THATS a proper answer :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Saved you 30 mins, took me 30 seconds :wink:

2 Likes

Now all he has to do is spend weeks leaning it :rofl:

3 Likes