Hyperlapse Compilation- Langstone Harbour -MA2

10 Likes

Nice! Love the wind patterns moving across the water!

This also adds the Hyperlapse Badge to your profile! :+1:

1 Like

Nice👍🏻 Need to try this out at some point, really liked the night part.

1 Like

I don’t understand hyperlapse🤔, I’m not criticising the process but what is it that’s trying to be shown that a video doesn’t or cannot, thanks!
If it’s photos over a long period what’s the longest achievable with a drone?

Love it! Live just outside Chichester so know it well!

That was an unusual combination of wind and tide- couldn’t see it with the normal eye but in hyperlapse it really stood out. Hope
To get more of those soon.

The recommended way to do a hyperlapse with the DJI series is to set it up on one battery, save it and then you can use an entire battery for the main shoot- so the longest has to be around 30 mins but I have not pushed it that far yet. I get nervous at 15 mins!

As for the purpose of the hyperlapse- it just offers a unique option for videography: I am practicing on traffic as it is an obvious moving target but sunrises / sunsets and other “slow” processes can be sped up to be incorporated into your films. There are some good vids on you tube explaining it. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply, I understand timelapse, eg flowers traffic but I’m struggling to see
what a moving timelapse adds, look forward to examples.
As for maxing out a battery, try a battery in your garden 10 up, and set camera it for
What you’re use on traffic and just let it run and see what happens at battery end, should RTH or just land!
Let us know :wink:

Regards
Ian

Search for Hyperlapse … there are quite a few examples.

Try this one …Short hyperlapse

1 Like

Quality of the footage for one.

A video is highly compressed when being created on drone and down sampled to 4k.

With hyperlapse you can shoot in RAW and batch edit them.

Every frame is a 20 MP image giving you scope for stabilisation or to add some more movement during editing.

When exporting your project you can use much higher bit rates and actually see the difference since the images are not compressed to start with.

1 Like