Hypothetical question - EGD203 Sennybridge

Hi all,

This is a purely hypothetical question as I have no intention of flying in this area, but noticed the red danger area on Drone Assist and Drone Scene when I was out and about the other day, and I’m still trying to get my head around where I can and can’t fly when it comes to zones similar to this.

What would be the situation in regards to this area? And are there a set of layers in Drone Scene which will tell me where I can definitively fly without extra permissions?

Sorry if this is similar to other questions, I’m just trying to get everything clear in my head.

Cheers,

Steven.

1 Like

It is a warning as it is a live firing range

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sennybridge-firing-notice/sennybridge-firing-times-august-2023

Dronescene is all you need :wink:

There are some made-up DJI NFZ in that area as well that will stop your drone unless it has been hacked :wink:

1 Like

Or you try the lottery unlock procedure

Unlocked the Eithad and Manchester Airport NFZ last night, instant approval no questions asked :grinning:

1 Like

Why would you want to fly near Eithad ?
:wink:

Quiet, nobody to bother you

So it’s a “WARNING!” rather than “just a warning”, as it appears in your customised Drone Scene view?

Just make sure you check for NOTAMS - they sometimes use a one at Sennybridge to close the airspace :+1:

2 Likes

MOST MoD sites like that are only used Monday to Friday (usually), so you should be OK on weekends, but I should check first.

1 Like

It’s always cold wet and fucking windy and squadies hate it.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
As above generally only used Monday to Friday.

SENTA publishes range activity and firing times in addition to the danger areas themselves having times attached.
When its active it can be very active with low altitude rotary and bigger transport a/c.
They also routinely use GPS and UAS denial systems in exercises there (again NOTAM’d).

Technically the entire area is a no-fly when the danger area is active.

1 Like