Inspire 1 + 4k + XT Thermal for $6k US - Worth it?

7/8°C? I wouldn’t have thought that an issue. Being flown keeps them warmer … as per those graphs of mine the other day. Strange.

1 Like

It said they were 15 degrees or less. Wanted them warmed to 24! Took off and got immediate critical low voltage warnings.

Will do some research but might need to invest in a TB48 battery or two.

1 Like

The UK rarely gets to 15°C! LOL

1 Like

They make a battery heater for the inspire so might be more of an issue than on Mavics etc.

It’s also a much larger battery so could take longer to heat while in use.

2 Likes

Well… I pulled the trigger and ordered the Zenmuse XT and Inspire 1 from US friend! He was introduced to me by DJIs Randall Warnass so I trust the deal will be fine. That’s in 24 hrs I’ve just purchased TWO inspire 1s!!! Figured the extra controller and batteries would be worth it.

Watch this space!

3 Likes

So my XT camera and Inspire 1 are fedexing their way from USA! Let’s see if they get through customs!

Meanwhile my £600 facebay Inspire turned out to have 3x duff batteries (3-6 mins flight time max!)…

… so a quick eBay and two TB48s turned up today! Just got a great 22min flight out of the inspire! This bird REALLY moves! Can cover so much more ground it makes my Mavic seem a slouch!

I’m impressed! Does anybody know of any batter referb services or mods for old inspire 1 batteries?

1 Like

Only for bringing stone dead ones back to life…

When I saw the price of new TB48’s I did look in to DIY cell refurbishment but decided not to risk blowing my self up and bit the bullet on new batteries instead :confused:

2 Likes

Same! Just ordered two more TB48s as was well impressed with Inspire on them!

I’ve re-evaluated my view of the inspire platform, it’s still awesome! The distance I can now cover is insane!

1 Like