Interesting observation re 150m height limit

Was out yesterday, and wanted to fly over an extremely tall comunications antenna.this was somewhat over 400ft so, set my max flight height to max temporarily just to get a shot from above…noticed that when trying to get above 492ft,it now says “height limited to 492ft by GPS” not had this before, is this a new limitation set by DJI? For the records usually keep my height set via DJI go to 390ft,this was more of a one off to get an interesting shot in case any “drone police” are watching. !!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Interesting… What kind of antenna? Just wondering if it could be messing with your drone??

1 Like

Were you inside one of DJI’s stupid / self-imposed bow-tie restriction zones?

eg:

1 Like

it was an antenna for tv, and mobile phones? it is located inner Redruth Cornwall… when I come home off holiday, may come home tomorrow,i will upload a photo or two of said antenna…cheers,but sounding more like one of DJI,s bowtie areas !!! :+1: :+1: :+1: :wink:

Redruth DJI crap …

1 Like

Difficult to say Tony, without knowing exactly where, but it might have been one of these two:

Anyway, that’ll teach you for not using the Evo :smiley:

2 Likes

Ha!

Dave’s example is even better, I didn’t think to move further south, which then unveiled this little lot of DJI-only restrictions:

Great job DJI :man_facepalming:

1 Like

LOL Rich,good point, had used the EVO the day before, so batteries were on charge so took the mavic!!! lesson learnt! Have to say, that ODB PRICE have the evo 2 rugged bundle + with three batteries for £2096 .00 what do you think , it a steal, should I go for it ,or is there a better deal out there??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Definitely not a generic DJI issue, probably local as suggested above. I’ve flown my M2Z at around 600 feet recently (from take-off point, less than that above ground level).

I’d say it’s only a DJI issue.

It’s only caused by DJIs own self-created / self-inflicted NFZs.

But you weren’t inside one of the DJI bow-ties?

1 Like

Indeed.