International Game Of Whoop 4 (IGOW)

Anyone other than @PathfinderFPV doing this? I’m trying to decide whether I can be arsed. :grin:

Yup… me and Brendan have registered.

I have registered as well… Already looking for cardboards to build a cube for the first preseason challenge
:smiley:

Oh, I suppose I’ll muck in then. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

All good fun and a chance to improve our skills if we actually try to go through with the challenges.

I need to build a new whoop. My 85 is just too damned big. It’s a royal PITA to get it to hover. I have parts for a 65 or 75 (both spare 65 and 75 frames, plus 0802 motors and an F3 FC), so need to try and solder something up. Going to try and build it on Sunday, probably.

Anyone doing this that needs to build a cube, outflow 21.5mm poly pipe from wickes is pretty cheap. Cost about £12 if you don’t build the base (2x 3m pipes (8x 70cm pipes after cutting) and 4 L angle connectors, then velcro/tape/glue the vertical pipes). If you do build the base it will cost you about a tenner more.

My preseason Week #1 entry…

I haven’t done mine yet. I haven’t even bought the stuff for the cube yet.

LoL. Good one Yith.

Luckily we had the cube already.

Need to get going with my video as well… I think I’ll try using a chair for now…

I’m seriously considering making mine a double cube. But I was flying my 85 in the back garden earlier and it is far too powerful. Need a 1S for this stuff. I touch the throttle on the 85 and it’s at the height of the house in a second.

Super-cheap materials for IGOW gates…

Pipe:

3D printed connectors:

2 Likes

We need to submit before friday? Damn, can’t watch and away atm and no cube… I may “take part” and follow along but will be behind the official game!

This is Preseason… No worries about missing this week or even the next 3.

These 4 weeks are just there to get yourself sorted out for the main event.

Here’s mine for PS-1

2 Likes

Nice, but why not figure 8 between the legs :laughing:

The missus was there so might as well be part of it… lol

Well, I just about scraped through the first two parts and one of my motors packed up, so that’s me not even off the start line. :laughing:

What a bummer… was it from a crash?