International Game Of Whoop 4 (IGOW)

More of a heavy landing than a crash. :grin:

Did you land from the top of a building then? lol

Hope you got some spares to continue the fun…

No. I think it’s been more of a war of attrition than a surgical strike. :grin: In fact, I’m not entirely sure it’s not the FC/ESC that’s crapped out. I’ll have to swap a couple of motors and see if the problem moves.

No spares, other than what came with the Nanohawk: props, grommets and screws. If it’s the motor, I can get a new one for about £8. If it’s the AIO, I think I saw one on Ali Express for about £45, but you can get an entire new Nanohawk at UMT for £70 at the minute. I don’t really want another Nanohawk though.

So for now I’m whoopless. Time for some window shopping.

It’s the motor. Nice, cheap(ish) fix. But slightly disappointed that I don’t get to justify a new quad because “it’s not much more expensive* than replacing the AIO.”

* Reality check: it would be ~3x the cost of replacing the AIO. :rofl:

Now you’ve saved money by it not being the AIO, you may as well spend that saved money…

… on a new Quad!

lol… just when you think you avoided some costs… here comes the temptations…

Or maybe some RCinPower 1003 motors from UMT? To turbocharge your whoop.

I’ve not even started and failed. I can’t fly acro on a whoop. Now give me a whoop on acro in a big field, but in a small or enclosed space, not a chance. I have sweet F.A control. I’ve been trying for a while now and I take off and basically crash within seconds. Going to try and solder up a new whoop tomorrow that is less powerful than the Beta85 (although not much).

BTW, I saw your video on the IGOW4 review, Carlos. Have they sent you your charger yet?

Well, exactly. :grin:

To be fair, what I meant in my case is the ability to run 1S and 2S, depending on usage. I am doing a 1002 14000kv on a 75mm. Technically my Beta 85 is way more powerful with it’s 1103 motors. It’s hard to fly in acro, in enclosed areas. A 75mm (as I understand it) on 1S using 14000kv 2S motors would half the kv to 7000kv and I would lose around 50% off the thrust values.

The same would apply to you if you used say the 1003 10000kv motors. Designed for 2S, but if run on a lightweight(ish) 75mm whoop, would give you a reasonable 1S experience by day and a flighty 2S ripper by night.

The other thing is you are a bit more experienced in flying. I’ve been flying less than a year. :smile:

What?? Did I win something?? lol

Have not seen the full video, just the bit I was in… where did you see that?

Edit: Just looked it up. Tks for the heads up. But haven’t received anything yet…

I believe a ToolkitRC 2-3S charger, maybe a balance charger like the e3. Haven’t looked it up. But my e3 only charges 2S or 3S via the balance lead. It might be similar.

Yeah, it sounds like this one I won, its called the Toolkitrc C3 2-3s… works just like your e3 aparently. I’m not a fan of this type of charger bc you can’t control the charge current, and they come with some high ones for my typical lipos which are currently all under 550.

But I’m happy to have won it, I can’t remember ever having won anything on draws so I counting this as my first :smiley:

To be fair I run three of those chargers. They say they can produce up to 1.6A, but when i jerry rigged my multimeter inline, it wasn’t producing much more than 500mA, which would be just over 1C for these 450’s. I can live with up to 2C. I’ve recharged my Lipos a lot of times without issue. I also have a more expensive B6 that you can really faff with the output current on. But for ease of use, I still like my e3’s. For an average 450mAh 2S, it takes roughly 15-20 mins from a starting voltage of around 3.8V. I suspect they only charge at the full 1.6A when you put say a 1500mAh 3S on charge. The downside is it only charges to Lipo voltages, ie, 4.15V. So it short charges all my Li-HV Lipos. I’m told doing this will probably give me more charge cycles, so it’s fine.

I see, well will try when I get it eventually. It has option for Lipo/LiHV & Storage, so it covers the basics…

I liken these chargers to the intelligent car battery chargers. They don’t just dump the maximum charge into a battery. They analyse it first, then trickle it and probably increase it while measuring the resistance. But let me know how you go with it.

In the end I kind of want 3-4 of the e3’s, as it would make charging all my Lipos for a bando bash, a lot easier.

My Preseason Week #2 entry… Split S…

After the first evening trying and only being successful over the goal, I thought I’d not manage this.

I went and tried it out on Velocidrone and worked out I was not pitching fast enough and was throttling up too early. This was hammering me into the ground before going through the gate.

Brendan was actually doing the same thing.

But on the second pack after starting last night I got it and was through the gate. Then later on I managed two in a row, with opposing rolls.

Also staking the gate into the ground helped it’s stability a load.

This has been LOADS of fun… Though we both have broken frames. Even though they were the almost indestructible Meteor ones. Luckily I have spares. Though now I need to buy more…

1 Like

I suppose I ought to try and build a gate in case I manage to sort my whoop by tomorrow. I’m not hopeful. :grin:

BTW, poor, young FPVSkittles’ videos always remind me of these:

1 Like

Challenge 3 is a lot easier.

Here’s mine… It was actually harder than I thought it would be

You did well. I’m very impressed you did the stuff inside, including the expert level stuff.

So, Power Loops next…

1 Like