Introducing myself - Birmingham

Looks like you were standing here

Broadway pub is

drive.sadly.froze

Car park for Arbo is

stocks.detail.prep

I’m the little dot by the triangle shaped piece of grass

Thanks for this. Will try to get used to the forum. Bear with me.

Hi Russ - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Thank you, happy to have found you all.

Welcome from a neighbour in North Warwickshire.

Thanks…

hello from the east midlands, converted from r/c helicopters to drones, best decision i ever made.

Thanks…I just converted from cheap tacky £15 drones to a DJI… Lol. Best move ever.

Happy to have found this group already. Appreciate all who have made us feel at home…

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

An option I took not to… Lol

Welcome Russ to the club

Nice intro, Foley. Gave me a smile to start the year. :+1::rofl:

Yorkie 9668

I was at Lockerbie too when I was in the police force. It was a dreadful few days. We were shipped up from Cumbria to help out

Welcome,
I’m in Coventry, so not too far away.
Do try to get into the habit of coming back here… it’s a lively, fun and informative place to be.

Well I am actually getting e-mail notices when people are replying so that is a help to let me know when to come back. I gotta admit I am very happy with the welcoming party. I had looked around a few clubs and I am pretty shocked how much the plane flyers REALLY do not like drone flyers. Also how much the plane flyers do not like each others clubs. They say you have to wear high viz jackets to fly but I wonder how they cope wearing the boxing gloves and hard hat. I was wondering if I was entering a hobby or a ring. Shame as one of the clubs I had contacted (before this one) called me and was really welcoming and said that although they were planes they would welcome people to come along, then the Chair person called me and said that “no one here has an interest in drones” we buy all the pieces and build them (I see that is totally opposite to drones as we buy them intact and if unlucky we convert them back into pieces). So I love the fact that everyone here is so welcoming and yes I will be returning regular. Looking forward to meeting you. I did find another group that meet every month but so far in the last 4 months they met once. It was a little strange though as we all just sat in a line and there was not much chat. Maybe we were new to them or not but no one appeard to know each other despite when talking on the computer it all was jolly. I do love flying drones but I also hope along the way I will meet a few people and make some friends. I did speak to one person there but not the happiest of conversations. This was because during the flights one of the trees in the distance made a noise and started shaking… I mean a tree that does that… Oh hold on, maybe it was the guy who had to do the walk of shame towards the tree when he tested out which is stronger, tree or drone. In his scientific experiment he came to conclusion that tree was stroner when he brought back a DJI with a gimple that was capable of looking down ALL the time and swing round. Pretty much hanging on a wire. Oops. One elderly chappy turned up with a cheap £30 drone that he had never flown and people let him go to one side and learn the art of gravity himself, so that was the most I chatted as I left the line of people and went to chat to him. Showed him a few bits and bobs on reversal gravity and doing a controlled landing rather then competing for the world record of rolls. Was looking forward to going back but doing one meet every 4 months (so far) is not as regular as I would prefer. Also there was no way of keeping in touch with people. I have been on here less then 24hours and the amount of welcomes and comments are enough to want to keep me here.

1 Like

If you’re bored and want a giggle have a read of our exploits on our last big meet

Also check out the meets section for lots of other times meets have happened, you could always start your own ;o)

3 Likes

Just keep away from Karl and most of the Steves and you’ll stay sane(ish). There’s way too many people on here like wearing pink tutus and climbing trees aswell!

3 Likes

You said to "stay sane(ish)… who is to say I am sane… and I may even like a good ol tutu… Lol

1 Like