Introducing myself - Birmingham

Looking at 5 questions for the A2Cofc exam… I think that would send me nutty. Looks pretty difficult. Who has taken it. It is as scary as it looks.

2 Likes

Piece of cake, don’t worry about it, so long as you have read the coursework you’ll be fine

1 Like

Just bits I have read look a little daunting.

1 Like

I read the coursework, my wife did mock tests and then I did the exam, got 1 wrong so scored 97%, easy peasey

1 Like

YOu did better then me. Ha ha… Not sure if I went to the right place to see it though

Which type of weather is associated with a Cold front?

Warm summer weather with little to medium wind
    Light to continuous rain and also heavy showers / thunderstorms
    Light to medium winds with very good visibility
    Heavy snow showers with light winds and freezing cold conditions
Incorrect

What CAA CAP reference number is CAA document ‘Unmanned Aircraft System Operations in UK Airspace – Guidance’?

CAP 912
    CAP 722
    CAP 227
    CAP 727
Correct

Which sight aides are allowed when operating a UAS under VLOS?

Spectacles and contact lenses
    Monoculars and telescopes
    Digital camera using zoom function
    High definition thermal imaging
Correct

The two parts of information that make up the reportable wind are?

Origin & Temperature
    Origin & Speed
    Heading & Speed
    Speed & Temperature
Incorrect

Hi, Russ’ wife here. You seem like a friendly bunch, so thought I’d join.

2 Likes

Hiya, that A2c of c is good, do it through UAV hub, you can get a discount price, it’s all online so you do it as and when you have time, drop in and out when you can spare 10 mins etc, and mock exams help loads with final exam. Do course work and as many mocks as you want and like most of us who took it, u will pass with 100%. does give you good grounding so worth it i think, but that’s just my opinion ok. fly safe and both of you have have fun

Thanks for the information. So If I was to go for the test am I right in saying that there is no time limit until I take it or is there actually a time limit.

Is it this one The BEGINNER'S Bundle - A2 C of C Drone Course + Drone Masterclass | Drone Courses

And it covers the Mavic 3? The BEGINNER'S Bundle - A2 C of C Drone Course + Drone Masterclass | Drone Courses

hi, i just did the A2c of c course as had been flying for about 6 months already with my Air 2, so just wanted to get legal etc for flying in better areas :grin:. but yes, there’s no time limit on course, i only did little bit every week or so, think it took over a month before i’d done all course work, then i took about 8 mocks before doing final exam, and they are so similar to that it was easy to pass. Pass mark is about 80% i think so you can get a few wrong. look for discounts too, i’m not sure if we offer one through club, i only paid £69 for A2 c of c myself but didn’t have drone masterclass on mine etc ( as wife flys as well, she can view all videos and info too even if you only get 1 certificate for you etc ( final exam is online invigulated so only 1 of you can take it). hope that all helps

1 Like

I believe you have to take the exam within 12-months if you are doing the UAV-Hub course/exam

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: DJI mini 2 not binding