Introducing Our Newest, Challenges Committee Member

@group-challenges

Please give a warm welcome to @AlbionDrones who has kindly accepted a chair in the ChallCom bunker. I am sure Suzanne will shortly be bringing us all some exciting new challenges to get involved in.

Welcome Aboard Suzanne, great to have you with us

12 Likes

Welcome Suzanne :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome Suzanne, looking forward to seeing what you bring us :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks Rich :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Darren, will do what I can :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome Suzanne, a great addition to the committee :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks Andy, appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Now your here I suppose us lads are going to have to behave and tidy headquarters up. Or is it business as usual.
Bienvenue.

1 Like

Business as usual, I worked 24 years in the cycle industry, I am used to ripe language and a bit of bants, and I am used to picking up / ignoring the mess my husband creates… :wink:

Just one thing though, the bottle of Bruichladdich is mine, you lot can stick with the beers in the fridge :wink:

1 Like

Mmhhh, I don’t do much beer, but I’m happy to swap a few nips of my Lagavulin for your Bruichladdich? I love the Islay malts, even the extremely peaty Laphroaig yum yum :yum:

1 Like

Happy to swap a dram or two, Laphroaig is a firm favourite in our house, have done 2 trips to Islay so far, need to go back now and fly the drone to capture the wonderful distilleries, but need to drink a bit more of our souvenirs first…

Had a bottle of the Bruichladdich 26yo Black Arte 4 for my 50th birthday, sadly now long gone, but what an amazing dram :slight_smile:

1 Like

@AlbionDrones Congrats, Suzanne, well deserved :clap: I’m sure you’ll do a great job … as long as you can stay sober! :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Hang on most OUR best work us done under the influence. So can’t see Suzanne being much different.
:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you… Well, you know what they say…

‘A dram a day, keeps reality at bay!’ :wink:

1 Like

Welcome Suzanne!

At last the news is officially out though it was hinted at in the RTF - Choose the Subject post. (It always pays to advertise your competitions :slight_smile: )

They are a good crowd at ChallCom and work hard / play hard. I especially enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of the dress-down Fridays:

1 Like

Well done, Can’t be any worse then those reprabates we have :rofl: Nah they do a cracking job :clap:

Downside no more Comps for you.

Well done again :+1:

1 Like

Nice one Suzanne :+1:

P.

2 Likes

Why?
Almost all challenges in here have no prize, maybe a wee badge here or there, but nothing of monetary value. Plus, the winners are decided by the membership by way of a poll. The forum software does not allow for polls to be edited once a single vote has been cast. Yes, once that poll has been made there is a very short window of time for it to be edited in case of typos etc. After any vote is cast the poll can only be deleted. This is true for all levels of membership, all the way up to and including the site owners.

2 Likes

Yup, I was of the understanding that its fine to join comps that have no prizes, especially ones that are voted for by open voting…

Now I just need some folks to enter into the first Video of the Month Competition, so I dont feel a fraud for being in the Challenge Committee…

Come on folks - Video of the Month Competition (VOTM) - February 2024 - A Retrospective

1 Like

I’m on about the comps that you buy a ticket for, not the challanges👍