Is there a club I can go to to learn how to fly my drone

Is there someone who can teach me

1 Like

First off tell us where you are. Iā€™m pretty sure that if your close to someone then they will be more than happy to give you a dig out. If your really apprehensive then just take your time and learn to walk before trying to run.
Make sure you have completed any pre flight setup and most importantly that you are familiar with the drone code. When your ready just spend time taking off and hovering under control and landing. It may take you a few trips until you feel confident. Does your drone have RTH? Learn how to use it and just keep learning and getting your confidence.
Donā€™t even bother with the camera or filming until you can fly and control the drone, when that becomes second nature then learn the camera stuff.
Make sure that you have a ā€œpanic planā€ donā€™t fret it happens to us all and may just include shitting yourself and getting hot and sweaty, just make sure you know what to do if you lose contact or control.
YouTube really is your friend with setups and learning to fly and every time you have a question, it really doesnā€™t matter what it is, there are no stupid questions, just ask and someone will always try and point you in the right direction.

Hi David / @Whiteworrior , and welcome to GADC.

An Hubson x4, eh? Thereā€™s probably one or two members with one of those, but youā€™re no less welcome for that.

If you have a moment, pop over to #introductions and tell us a little bit about yourself. :+1:

Ask away in #questions-and-answers for anything you want to know, and thereā€™ll always be plenty of people willing to assist. (Iā€™ve moved this thread over to that category.)

If you havenā€™t already, take a look at the Map of Members. This is a relatively new feature so not everyone is on there as yet, but Iā€™m sure there are other members in your neck of the woods that will come and say Hi.

(Donā€™t forget to add yourself to that map : Membersā€™ Location Map - A Guide)

Also, if youā€™ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown that might be of assistance.:

Youtube is your best friend to start with. Watch video after video after video.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

A Hubsan was my first drone and it got me hooked and within a month of getting it I upgraded to the Mavic Pro.
Things I learnt with the Hubsan, as soon as the picture on the screen starts to go screwed up donā€™t go any further and donā€™t put it in sport mode till your confidence has grown. Itā€™s a rapid little thing but not very responsive in sport mode hence I crashed mine into a cliff at full speed. Tough thing though, it only broke a prop.
I bet in a couple of months you will be upgrading it as itā€™s an addictive little thing.

Hi guys Iā€™ve just moved to the Peterborough area to be fair Iā€™m shitting myself if rather watch someone else fly my drone than me lol if there is someone local to me I could meet up on a Sunday as thatā€™s the only day I have off tia

Anyone near you on the members map @Whiteworrior?

No idea mate where do I find out

Click on the ā€˜Usersā€™ link in the top right.