Isle of Man - Crown Dependencies

I know that Drone Scene is for UK only, just wondering are the Crown Dependencies of Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey allowed? I suspect not as I can find nothing on the Isle of Man but just want to be sure.

I may be traveling to the Isle of Man for a few days next month.

In the Isle of Man we have a CAA document CP4 which has a couple of differences to CAP 722, but it is similar.
PDF is available for downloading

1 Like

Welcome to Grey Arrows @Manxmarauder :slight_smile:

Have you got a link you can share with everyone?

1 Like

My question is not really about the rules of flying there, just a yes or no if we can add locations to drone scene? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Two main areas to avoid are the Prison and 5km of the Airport and above 400 feet.

Not aware of any others apart from when the TT race is on.

And the airport 5km exclusion does not apply to drones under 250g, see Isle of Man CP4 sections 4 and 5.1.

1 Like

No - currently, and foreseeably.

Since this thread has provided useful information for anyone considering travelling to IoM to fly, it has been moved to #travel-and-flying-abroad

Thanks, I thought that was the case as there currently aren’t any but just wanted to make sure.

1 Like

Had great weekend in the Isle of Man. Have flown at Douglas, Port Erin, Port St Mary and Laxey. Currently at Castletown but can’t fly here without an unlocking code, will have to look in to it for a future trip, the airport 5km exclusion doesn’t apply to sub 250g drones in IOM.

Hoping to get another flight in Douglas this evening.

1 Like

Wind has picked up, no evening flight.

Off to the Isle of Man again for a long weekend, travelling on Fridays evening ferry and returning via the early morning ferry on Monday morning. Hoping to fly some different places to last year and have applied for an unlock to fly in Castletown where I wasn’t able last year. (Unlock on the basis that the airport 5km exclusion zone does not apply to sub 250g drones, only restriction is the airport boundary.)

For anyone who hasn’t done a custom unlock before it was relative easy to do; the difficult bit for me was drawing an area on the map. I used the CP4 document from the Isle of Man Civil Aviation Administration directing them to page 7 as my evidence. The unlock came through to my account in slightly under 5 minutes.

Had some great weather for this years weekend break, but only managed to get one flight in, owing to extreme exhaustion. On the Sunday I got no further than the hotel bar/restaurant where I spent much of the day watching the cricket on the tv and drinking tea. :slight_smile: (OK, I did make a brief a brief trip down the road to the Coop for a pint of milk and some biscuits…)

My flight was around Douglas Bay, a flight I did last year but I had much better weather this year.,

1 Like