John, new member from Manchester

Hello all, I’m a new member based in the Northwest, had my drone Air2S for a couple of years but not had enough confidence to go out and fly. Have been reading some of the topics on here and decided to give it my all.

7 Likes

Hi John @1Coolermaster and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

Hi @1Coolermaster and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Looking for Public Liability Insurance? Then look no further, we offer £5,000,000 worth of cover to our Insured Members. Details of our insurance can be found at:

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene and please feel free to add locations of your own too :smiley:

Interested in becoming a member of our Club? Read about all the benefits of membership at:

Wondering whether you can fly a particular model of drone under particular circumstances? Check out Good 2 Go where you’ll soon find the answer :blush:

Have you seen our Members Map? You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.

Our Associates are able to enjoy a lot of great services for free but our Members are eligible for a whole lot more! Read all the details about our Membership Benefits?

And finally, if you are new to drones and wondering what it’s all about, have a look at Resources for a beginner.

Welcome once again!

Welcome …. I’m sure you will like it here :+1:t3:

I’m already a member and have taken out the Insurance that you offer. Thanks anyway.

What about dronescene? have you checked that out?

It’s a standard welcome message that has all the information in one place for new members :+1:t2:

You said you was lacking in confidence to go out and fly, dronescene has locations that other members have flown and gives you all the information for that location to help you feel more confident knowing that others have flown there, most of the locations suggests take off spots and parking spots. Really gives you a confidence boost knowing that others have flown there before :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Welcome @1Coolermaster and good luck with your first flights.

1 Like

Hi John - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Well done that flyer, and welcome from the Eastern end of the M62 in gods own county

1 Like

Hi John @1Coolermaster from 15mins away over in Wigan :wave:t2:

1 Like

Welcome @1Coolermaster john to the club, I hope you build your confidence & go fly the air 2s which is a fantastic & very capable drone, good luck …

1 Like

@1Coolermaster Welcome mate from sunny south Manchester :grinning:

Don’t forget to join @group-northwest

We will be having a meeting anytime soon and you are more than welcome :+1:

2 Likes

welcome John :+1:t3:

1 Like

Welcome to Grey Arrows John, hope to see you at one of the Group Northwest meet ups in the not too distant future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome John. Keep an eye out for a meet up. As Wayne said join @group-northwest and get notified of when and where a meet is being organised.
Some are short notice some a few weeks in advance. There will be plenty of friendly faces at these meets. One or two ugly ones the majority are quite passable. But you will find plenty of people ready to give advice and get you in the air. Even to the detriment of them flying. And there is a wealth of knowledge.

4 Likes

Welcome to Grey Arrows John from sunny Somerset

1 Like

Hi John
Welcome aboard look forward to meeting you

1 Like

15 Minutes, is that by telephone lol. Thanks for the welcome.

Your profile said you’re in Prestwich, that’s only 15mins by car.

Probably even quicker by telephone :smiley:

2 Likes

Congratulation John I film with the Air 2 S you can see what I have managed to film so far on my YouTube channel go to Dave Hodgkiss and take a look sub my channel to what we film i am 76 years old and still manage to fly my drone and capture wild life.

1 Like