Julia 0 Tree 1 = Lost Drone ... Updated - Now Found!

How it started …
HowItStarted

How it ended:-

One big tree:-

One lost drone, the full glory of the crash and my poor flying is in the video below.

Chainsaw not an option, heights not for me - not that I can see it from the ground, just bloody hear the beeping taunting me. Oh well it was getting too cold anyway.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

I just realised, isn’t Julia the record holder?

I would be miffed

Yes she is.

Miffed - a little but I am not too bad - unless I crash a few times I am not trying hard enough. Just kicking myself for not trying the trick in a more calm manner.

Do you think a set of three ladders would be high enough for the tree height ?

:pensive:

Maybe high enough. But even one ladder for me is too high! Very, very long pole could be an option, but I spend ages trying to find where in the tree the &*^% bleeping is coming form with no joy. One of those things…

1 Like

I wouldn’t have put a poster on the tree advertising the fact that it’s up there. Tempting for the local ne’r do wells to climb up, fall off and claim off you for their broken limbs :joy::joy::joy::wink:

Can you source the ladders & possibly like a window cleaners telescopic pole ?
If you can source the bits I can possibly come & help you try to redeem it.

I have membership-insurance - Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Hobbyist and Recreational Drone Insurance - £5,000,000 Public Liability Insurance cover for any claims :slight_smile:

Wow - thanks for the offer.
I have a look around. May have a long-ish ladder (which I dont use!) but will look to sourcing poles. BUt Reading is quite a journey. Lets see if windy Monday can work its magic.

Good. Knowing these ambulance chasing lawyer types. Someone would claim “ Had the poster not been there, I’d have never been tempted to climb that tree, fall off and break me neck “ :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Trees are like drone magnets if I wasn’t so far away I’d pop down and lend a hand as not to fussed at climbing trees…

Had plenty of practice :rofl::rofl:

Where abouts is this tree Brendan?

///shin.rescue.final Mitcham Common, South London.

Love the three words! Long way away. I am pretty sure its a right-off. (Can a drone be tax-deductible ?)

1 Like

Know it well, I used to live just outside of Croydon in the noughties.

Now that’s one hell of a bad omen for a tree rescue.

There are quite a few fellow GADC’ers nearby who may lend a hand, but I don’t recognise their usernames so may not be active.

If I was in that neck of the woods, I’d be up that tree already. Good luck mate.

3 Likes

I’m happy to travel if you need me no probs :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Best bet:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Weaver-Arborist-Throw-Weight-Line/dp/B009XIALJA/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Arborist%2BThrow%2BWeight&qid=1701529649&sr=8-3&th=1

Thanks @Yith I could make a throw bag up tomorrow and have go.

Need to locate which part of the tree.

1 Like

Brings back happy memories. I used a catapult and some fishing line. Got the drone drown but had a broken gimbal.