Jumper T-Lite and TinyHawk binding issues

I’ve done exactly the same.

1 Like

Cool should be all good to go :+1:t2: I have to say, for a cheap controller the Jumper T Lite seems pretty good so far Touch wood

1 Like

Agreed. Very responsive and feels good in the hand.

Had fun getting it to work with velocidrone though

1 Like

I’ve not tried to connect it to a sim yet, what issues did you have?

It’s ok.
Worked it out. I’d set up the sticks on the wrong sides :joy:

1 Like

So I’ve mapped out the inputs I want to use.
I’ve not gone through a full tutorial and don’t know exactly what I’m doing in betaflight but all seems to work so far.

Are there any additional things I’ve not considered that need to set up?

1 Like

Set the Failsafe to ‘drop’ unless you have a gps then ‘gps rescue’. Don’t select ‘land’. It could fly away.

2 Likes

Thanks mate. Much appreciated

Erm, where do I find that option?

1 Like

Always try to test failsafe on the bench without props by arming then pulling the battery off the radio.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Seems like mines already enabled with the exception of the flip - didn’t know about that at all!

1 Like

Thanks so much for your help!

2 Likes

Flip over crash is great. Set max arm angle in config tab to 180, then put on a switch in modes tab. Saves walking if you crash. The quad will flip over so you can take off again.

3 Likes

But be careful not to pop an ESC by trying to spin an impeded motor. If you crash in long grass don’t turtle mode it or you risk blowing an ESC. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I’ll have a play around with that later tonight when I get back from the field.

1 Like

Great point. Only when the pitch has been mowed then

2 Likes

That’s reminded me, I need to set this up too. Does it just reverse the motor directions and it’s up to you to blip the throttle? In which case you can get a sense of if they’re stuck on something or not. Or does enabling the mode tell it to try and flip itself and you have no control of the motors? Even so I guess you can turn the mode off quickly if it doesn’t look like it’s working…?

1 Like

You flip the switch on your controller to enable flip over after crash (turtle mode) and you blip the yaw axis and it will spin either the left or the right pair of motors to flip it back over. If the stick is untouched it won’t spin any motors. But if the quad is stuck in long grass and the motor can’t turn freely you risk blowing an ESC.

1 Like