Jumper T-Lite and TinyHawk binding issues

BNF stands for Bind N Fly and RTF stands for Ready To Fly.

Betaflight will have different settings for the ready to fly package. So they need different CLI configuration files.

CLI stands for Command Line Interface. Works in a similar way to MS Dos.

1 Like

which would i install as i have a funny reason i did the other day bnf doing JBā€™s video motors would not bind so started all over again and did CLI and again did not work so i think Iā€™m on BNF again so do i need to go back to CLI if so thatā€™s fine as i have confidence in doing all again and a major part of it the controller sorted.

can I setup different setting for the same flight controller on my transmitter example model 1 working config and model 2 new settings, im asking as i like to keep last good config as backup on transmitter and sd card so i can do tests and if no luck revert back to model 1.

Youā€™ll need the BNF config file and youā€™ll load that file in the CLI tab of betaflight. Click the load from file button and select the BNF config file then type save to save the config.

Then if you make any changes to betaflight like setting up your modes for example you can go back to the CLI tab and type Diff All and then click the save to file button to make a new config file that includes your changes. You can do this as many times as you wish.

If you change something and it doesnā€™t work then you can always reload your last config file as above :+1:t2:

1 Like

didnā€™t think you were old enough to have heard of MS_DOS @DeanoG60
TeHe :laughing: :laughing:

3 Likes

I completed a CCNA about 8 years ago and the Cisco routers used MS DOS as their back end well it was a terminal access but still used Dos based commands lol

1 Like

yes unsure why but thatā€™s exactly they way i did it i must have seen a tinyhawk video. thanks understanding more by the minute.

1 Like

i thought your all was in your 70ā€™s just putting young looking avatars in your profiles :sunglasses:

first computer i used was a Windows 3.1 in work when the company clerk allowed me on it, first i owned was windows 95 and with very little MS_DOS thankgod i think it was 64 or 128 mb ram 20gb drive internet speeds of 14bps :face_with_raised_eyebrow: computers was big money i think back then it was Ā£1500 :astonished: then over the years speeds got faster 28bps then 64bps all on same line so when on internet line was busy then the double line of 64bps and free line for wifey chat all night and when could you then combine the 2 lines to make whopping speeds of 128bps lol then bt would if you used more then 4 gb of data ban you for a month and limit the bps to 12 :sleepy:

peeps donā€™t no there living :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This is settings before changing now beacon tone 5
I also set rx- list and rx-set on as well, unsure if this is correct or notšŸ™„

I managed to get beeper working, Iā€™ve set it to 5 and still hardly hear it but this is be because im deaf to certain hi pitch sounds from not wearing proper ear defence in my early life. :slightly_frowning_face: Love it be higher sound as I will never hear it.

Yes leave RX_Set and RX_Lost on

This will enable the Beeper on your switch and it will also start the motors beeping if you lose control link and failsafe. So youā€™ll be able to find it.

Unfortunately the loudness of the beeper is down to the size of the motors and as you can imagine the motors are small on the tinyhawk.

1 Like

Thanks @DeanoG60

it must be working ok as Iā€™m flicking it on off and hardly hear it even right upto the ears, but then I get from the other room turn that fuffing thing off its giving me a fuffing headache or words to that effect :scream::scream::scream:

3 Likes

Hi Nidge Iā€™ve just purchased my first fpv quad and Iā€™m looking for a receiver to work with a Jumper T Lite controller. I will be looking to upgrade later to Crossfire but for now just want something to start practicing. Do you think these Radiomaster R81 rx will be a suitable option?

1 Like

They will work fine with your jumper radio, the protocol to select is FrSky D8. Theyā€™ll need to be connected to a UART configured as a Serial receiver, in SBUS mode, in Betaflight Configurator.

So far Iā€™ve used two of these receivers, one on a 2inch sized Toothpick quad with a Whoop sized stack and the other on a 5inch build. So far no issues. To get the best range out of these receivers itā€™s a good idea to do the fine tune routine found in the model setup menu of your radio.

They are quite small receivers so soldering can be a bit fiddly.

2 Likes

Thanks @Nidge I see on unmanned tech site they are rated for upto 1km do you find this roughly realistic? Iā€™m going to be mainly flying around large fields with a single tree just to learn and practice so I wonā€™t be needing much range

1 Like

Iā€™ve not had the chance to fly out in the wild for nearly a year, but when Iā€™ve range tested them they have provided similar results to the FrSky R-XSR receivers I use in some of my other quads that Iā€™ve flown out to 1km or more

2 Likes

Thats great thanks for the info Nidge :+1:t2: I wonā€™t be going anywhere near 1km so shouldnā€™t be a problem. Just want to make sure if I fly behind a single tree that I wonā€™t lose control. These look like they will do the job nicely until I decide to upgrade to Crossfire as and when I need to cheers :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Got around to soldering up the R81 receiver today. Wow its tiny! Not my best soldering job but should suffice lol Thanks for the recommendation @Nidge :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Iā€™m just configuring my jumper t lite to the tinyhawk freestyle 2.

Iā€™ve set the same switches I have in the stock controller - (arm,beep,horizon & angle) but Iā€™m not sure which option on beta flight correlates to acro.

Iā€™ve tested angle in the house and that seems fine. Will try horizon tomorrow at the field but would like to get acro set up before I go.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

1 Like

If you donā€™t have angle or horizon mode selected youā€™re in acro mode. Acro is kinda like a standard mode if that makes sense

2 Likes

When I set my Jumper T Lite up the other day I had all the modes on a 3 position switch Angle on one position, Horizon on the middle position and if I flick it right up its in Acro :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thatā€™s how i have it set up.
re read it a few times but wanted to make sure I wasnā€™t going to smash in to the ground when I flip the switch.

1 Like