Keeping occupied at home without a drone

I found it! It was in my van :blush:
But It deffo needs leaning out as it’s bogging at high throttle. Plus I have a air leak to the exhaust. Due to my sloppy silicone sealing. I’m just chuffed it started lol.
I still have the fpv cam holder on it too. I need to drive this more. I’ll try and make a track in the garden before the misses wants to ‘decorate’ it.

4 Likes

Struggling to find anything to photograph except cherry blossom - it’s bloody everywhere!

1 Like

So I’m sick of cheap vape batteries dying on me. So I bodged this together today. 2200mah li-ion battery, 3d printed case siliconed together and a charger lead.
Looks like a bag of s!@t! But works.

7 Likes

:rofl:

Some ideas to pass the time Part 1 & Part 2

Today’s photo using my mobile with attached macro lens, this should be easy to identify for many here:

Thought it would be a good idea to nuber my Mavic Mini Batteries. Suddenly remembered the Cricut machine in our spare room so I thought I’d cut a nice little stencil. Then out with the Iwata Eclipse airbrush!

6 Likes

Nice! Thanks for the idea. I realise I can print stencils now and spray paint…

1 Like

Cool! Have you got a Cricut?

Top tip before you add the stencil and paint. Make sure you degrease the surface first with a mild alcohol or similar - then never touch it again until painted. Halfords do some amazing home brand rattle cans.

No just a 3d printer. But yeah, I’ll clean with 70% alcohol. Thinking of acrylic paint. Would that be better for spraying on plastic?

Yes Artist Acrylic in a tube would work nicely just painted by hand.

For spray cans Ive found the best quality stuff is this -https://www.u-pol.com/us/en/product/upol/aerosols/power-can-aerosols/power-can-primer#.XpYXzy2ZP-Y

1 Like

Burning out a clutch? £13.
Getting 2 mins on nitro bashing? Priceless!

5 Likes

Finished article(s)

6 Likes

Still keeping myself occupied by taking photos when out walking the dog, and messing about with Snapseed and/or Pixlr.

4 Likes

Still messing about 'cos what else is there to do?

3 Likes

:see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Clearing out the shed.

Think I need to cut back on the petrol stuff.

3 Likes

Pity you’re not nearer, I’d buy one of those hedge trimmers from you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Puts the size of the car in to perspective :scream:

1 Like

Are you selling?

1 Like