Kilchurn Castle - Added to Castles and Fortifications in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Kilchurn Castle I've put land owner permissions unknown but Historic Environment Scotland do have a known drone policy for their land. However the castle area is Across A819 open fields, permissions for these areas are unknown

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 18/08/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

Hi Naz (@Fatboy), great location! The W3W address posted for parking and walking is at Binley Woods, Coventry, B’ham! Miles out, I suggest you use the gracing.scrum.tailing for a walk.

Regards,

Simon

It would depend on what open fields you are talking about? The fields directly across from the castle to the A819 is a no drone zone, the owners have signs everywhere.

1 Like

The The field I took off from had no signs I have put black mark on map to show you

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I do know that spot, but it’s 500m to the castle from there. I’m lucky if I can see my drones at 250m :joy:

You do not need to go all the way up there any where on the other side of the road I did not get close to the castle used led lights could see the drone.