Kilchurn Castle, Loch Awe & Rannoch Moor

I’m not even going too ask you how long you’ve been in too photography, pls don’t tell me :joy:

Or at least let me get a box of tissues first !

Anyone know what type of plane that was?

please don’t ask :joy: :joy:

Guarantee I won’t :man_running:t2::dash:

Had them around here, in the past. Also quite low - not landing, but flying at about 50ft above the runway of the airport next door.

1 Like

We had a herkybird fly through Glencoe a few years back at about the same level, amazing to see… Was followed 45 s7econds later by a second one, which I managed to capture with the Canon…

1 Like

that’s what I was worried about :joy: :joy:

At least the ones in my pic were in an FRZ … but still tempted to take a pic from their level. :smiling_imp:

Had several chances, they went round several times. LOL!

Ye another amazing set John :clap: :clap: :clap:

Love them all but No.10 does it for for me - with the reflections its outstanding even by your lofty standard :+1: :+1: :+1:

if you want some good opportunities to get some real close-ups of the Atlas - get yourself down to Pembrey Country Park in South Wales - they do touch 'n go practice on the beach :flushed: :crazy_face: :grin:

3 Likes

Even better at Brize Norton … it’s where they’re ALL based. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Sissies land on tarmac there and you are pretty unlikely to able to stand at the side of the runaway as they takeoff/land :thinking: :man_shrugging: :crazy_face: :joy: … at Pembrey you can sit at the side of the “runway” and enjoy a quiet beer … or two :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I don’t need to spend money on travel … they zap past Southampton often enough - as pics above show. :wink: (From my garden.)

Was busy that day or I could have gone a shit load closer.

:thinking: But too close, I probably don’t have a wide-enough lens. :rofl:

1 Like

The views of the castle are well known, but it was bugging me as to where I’d seen a cool video. Then I remembered, when Hyperlapse was first available on the M2P, @callum made a superb one of the same location…

1 Like

Cheers John :+1: :blush:

I hadn’t seen this, looks great :+1: :clap: May need to try that myself.

1 Like

Fantastic light!

Thanks Graham :+1:

Great shots drumsagard beautiful colours well done pal :+1: :clap: :ok_hand: :grinning:

Cheers Colin :+1: