Lancashire

Are there any planned meetups and flights in the Lancashire area for 2020? I’m still trying to source some rural and open land for regular flights/training/ops manual flight hours but if there are any planned meets, it would be great to come along :slight_smile:

It depends on how far you want to travel but I’ve pinned a spot, location 498
Which is quite good for practicing your skills.

1 Like

I use leverhulme park near me I try and fly most sundays , it a big area to practice , I will be flying next sunday , I have something to do this sunday

… but I’ve pinned a spot, location 498

How do you search for a numbered location on the map ?

Good question, maybe one of the admin could enlighten us. Or it maybe a feature that needs/could be added. @PingSpike

On here, type the number you want into the forum search box plus “category:17”, like this:

498 category:17

That will find the associated post on this forum, and from that there’s a link to the information on DroneScene.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of anybody searching for a location on our map using a number :slight_smile:

We reference the ID number in Where to fly your drone in the UK just to provide a clickable link (and it harks back to the early days of DS where we only had numbers). We should probably do away with displaying the number in the forum.

You’re better off just sharing the URL to the location directly.

eg: https://dronescene.co.uk/where-to-fly-drone/carnforth/north-west/498

No confusion for anyone then :slight_smile:

I’ve never heard of anybody searching for a location on our map using a number :slight_smile:

Well you have now! If all you have is a number and have no knowledge of location at all then you are a bit stuck.

What you are advising @PingSpike is for members to share urls and not numbers which would indeed make the question redundant.

@kvetner’s tip of a search on number category:17 appears to be an answer.

Perhaps some emphasis should appear somewhere in the map facility on using shared urls as map location references.

Thanks for all responses.

Where did you get a number from John?

If all you have is a number

Where did you get a number from John?

@stevesb posted “location 498” in 3rd post in this thread.

1 Like

/me blames @stevesb

Steve, give people links, not numbers :rofl:

2 Likes

… and reading earlier posts @PingSpike before posting might cut down on lengths of threads? :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve got broad shoulders, I can take it.:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Where abouts in Lancashire you from sky

Not a bad spot, where I took one of my better sunset photos. Warton Stock Car club across the river, sewage farm a few hundred yards the other way and Steamtown a bit further away. Pick the right date & time and catch the Flying Scotsman or any of the others that often start/end their journeys at Carnforth.

1 Like